Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Information Station (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fresno, CA churches?? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=39941)

Renee29 06-28-2012 12:24 AM

Fresno, CA churches??

May be moving to Fresno. It's about 500,000 in population, but no churches listed in the UPCI website. I can find Truth Tabernacle which is Acts 2:38 and has several branch works. Anyone know anything about this church?? Is it independent?

Praxeas 06-28-2012 12:28 AM

Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee29 (Post 1171073)
May be moving to Fresno. It's about 500,000 in population, but no churches listed in the UPCI website. I can find Truth Tabernacle which is Acts 2:38 and has several branch works. Anyone know anything about this church?? Is it independent?

Unless you want Ultra Con, control your life, church, don't go there.

They were UPCI and pulled out because, supposedly, the UPC was too liberal.
Vaughn Morton is the Pastor...if you like that fine.

Renee29 06-28-2012 01:01 AM

No, that's not what I'm looking for....any suggestions on where to go?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1171074)

MawMaw 06-28-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1171074)

Bro Vaughn Morton is a wonderful Man of God.
I'd definitely attend his church if I lived in that area.

Raven 06-28-2012 07:21 AM

Take a look at Life Tabernacle in Sanger, CA a suburb of Fresno. Pastored by Dean Domingues and a great ministerial staff. You won't be disappointed. Located @ 1810 Swan Ave .

Renee29 06-28-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. About how many people attend the church? What is the style of the church? Are they ultra con? I am middle of the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1171095)
Take a look at Life Tabernacle in Sanger, CA a suburb of Fresno. Pastored by Dean Domingues and a great ministerial staff. You won't be disappointed. Located @ 1810 Swan Ave .

Raven 06-28-2012 11:41 AM

LT has about 250 members and is a very exciting spirit led congregation. They are very well balanced and not extreme in either direction. Pastor Domingues was raised on the mission field [Portugal and Brazil] and is a very wise shepherd of over 20+ years experience. You will like him and his family!

Renee29 06-28-2012 11:49 AM

That was soooo helpful!! Thanks so much!! Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1171219)
LT has about 250 members and is a very exciting spirit led congregation. They are very well balanced and not extreme in either direction. Pastor Domingues was raised on the mission field [Portugal and Brazil] and is a very wise shepherd of over 20+ years experience. You will like him and his family!

Renee29 06-28-2012 11:56 AM

One other question, is it a multicultural church? How diverse is the congregation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1171219)

Renee29 06-28-2012 02:58 PM

Does anyone know anything about North Calvary church in Fresno??