Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Tab (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Landy & Joy Gardner "forced" to resign (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29877)

Dora 05-08-2010 09:54 AM

Landy & Joy Gardner "forced" to resign

Hey! Wondering why Dan Scott wanted L & J Gardner to leave. Do they want to a new style of worship led by guitars and rockers? Are they upset with L & J for some reason? Landy is an interior designer on the side. Did the church feel they were being paid too much? What's going to happen to the great thing they had going with the Christ Church Choir recordings?

StillStanding 05-08-2010 10:25 AM

Re: Landy & Joy Gardner "forced" to resign

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 908578)
Hey! Wondering why Dan Scott wanted L & J Gardner to leave. Do they want to a new style of worship led by guitars and rockers? Are they upset with L & J for some reason? Landy is an interior designer on the side. Did the church feel they were being paid too much? What's going to happen to the great thing they had going with the Christ Church Choir recordings?

Dora, there's two sides to every story! It's complicated. Do you really think they let him go because of money?

The choir and music is as great as ever! Christ Church will be fine.

Jack Shephard 05-08-2010 11:06 AM

So what are the 2 sides? Also any idea where they are going??

Pressing-On 05-08-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTULLOCK (Post 908600)
So what are the 2 sides? Also any idea where they are going??

See? That's what I was talking about on the Twitter thread. LOL!

Jack Shephard 05-08-2010 11:17 AM

You talking about the 2 sides to every story deal?

StillStanding 05-08-2010 11:35 AM

I have some strong feelings about this situation, and I'll only say that I support my pastor, Dan Scott, 100%.

People have a way of spinning a situation where it doesn't look so bad from their position. I like to use a quote from Winston Churchill:

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Truthseeker 05-08-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dora (Post 908578)

You mean like leave the church?

Jack Shephard 05-08-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway (Post 908617)
I have some strong feelings about this situation, and I'll only say that I support my pastor, Dan Scott, 100%.

People have a way of spinning a situation where it doesn't look so bad from their position. I like to use a quote from Winston Churchill:

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

That is good my Ivory-fingered friend. Siding with the pastor is generally the right choice. Whatever the case may be the truth is the truth NO MATTER what. 3 sides to a story his side, their side and God's side. Sad that they are stepping down or leaving altogether but God know what His church needs. Maybe this is your time to shine!?!?!? Or maybe Regi Stone will run with it if he is still there.