Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters?? (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=51987)

Truthseeker 02-18-2018 06:51 AM

Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
I know in the past these things violated the AOF, but what about to day? It's been said with all the new technology, such as cell phones and internet, that it's been amended so now watching TV isn't a violation? What about going to theaters, is that still a violation?

Amanah 02-18-2018 07:13 AM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
I think we need to be grown up enough to take responsibility for our own actions, most people I know have computers, cell phones, TVs, and go to the theater, but are very, very selective about what they watch.

Truthseeker 02-18-2018 07:21 AM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1520206)
I think we need to be grown up enough to take responsibility for our own actions, most people I know have computers, cell phones, TVs, and go to the theater, but are very, very selective about what they watch.



The question is does it violate the UPC aof?

Amanah 02-18-2018 08:35 AM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthseeker (Post 1520208)
The question is does it violate the UPC aof?

in the interest of full disclosure are you anti UPC?

Truthseeker 02-18-2018 08:37 AM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1520214)
in the interest of full disclosure are you anti UPC?

Nope, I attend one.

consapente89 02-18-2018 10:34 AM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing or swimming, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church. *

http://www.pentecostalsofdadeville.c...upcimanual.pdf

Barb 02-18-2018 03:19 PM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthseeker (Post 1520203)
I know in the past these things violated the AOF, but what about to day? It's been said with all the new technology, such as cell phones and internet, that it's been amended so now watching TV isn't a violation? What about going to theaters, is that still a violation?

Why is this of interest?

Scott Pitta 02-18-2018 03:50 PM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
It does not specifically mention women wearing pants.

I never understood why it was left out.

Evang.Benincasa 02-18-2018 04:42 PM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1520223)
We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing or swimming, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church. *

http://www.pentecostalsofdadeville.c...upcimanual.pdf

This was penned there was no internet, or smart phones.

Also the men who wrote those words have gone unto their reward. They also may never even dreamed we would be in the place we have found ourselves today.

Evang.Benincasa 02-18-2018 04:44 PM

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1520230)
It does not specifically mention women wearing pants.

I never understood why it was left out.

Maybe they felt it was a given?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.