Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Prayer Closet (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Infection (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45792)

MarkBelosa 03-10-2014 10:55 PM

Infection

I've been wanting to go to the doctor but the thought of lining up for an hour or two just to be told that you need this antibiotic and this and that has been keeping me for quite some time now. I'm really not a fan of pharmaceutical drugs (but the past couple of days I've been seriously considering it).Not so much of a spiritual convinction. More of a fear of the side effects.

I would like to ask for prayer that I be healed completely of this infection. I've read that it can be serious.... I am actually on my way to the doctor now. I hope they would have an accurate diagnosis and I pray that the treatment process is not complicated nor expensive. Work has been stressful enough. I really don't want another item on my to do list.

Thank you dear friends and brethren.

KeptByTheWord 03-10-2014 11:16 PM

Re: Infection

Will pray! Be sure though to google what you "think" you may have, or wait until you have a diagnosis from the doctor, and see if there are any natural remedies, foods, herbs, or other things that you can do before taking chemical antibiotics. Pray and ask the Lord too, for His wisdom in dealing with this infection. And, you will be in our prayers.

MarkBelosa 03-11-2014 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord (Post 1304951)
Will pray! Be sure though to google what you "think" you may have, or wait until you have a diagnosis from the doctor, and see if there are any natural remedies, foods, herbs, or other things that you can do before taking chemical antibiotics. Pray and ask the Lord too, for His wisdom in dealing with this infection. And, you will be in our prayers.

Thanks, KeptByTheWord! Been trying out stuff but I think this type requires a more aggressive treatment. I appreciate the advice and prayers.

As expected, I was given prescription for antibiotics and a couple other stuff. I was also advised to have my blood sugar and kidney checked. Doc is also saying I need to monitor my blood pressure and take meds for hypertension. Of course I'm not going to do that. LOL. The antibiotics, maybe but I will have to do further research and pray more about this.

Aquila 03-11-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkBelosa (Post 1304977)
Thanks, KeptByTheWord! Been trying out stuff but I think this type requires a more aggressive treatment. I appreciate the advice and prayers.

As expected, I was given prescription for antibiotics and a couple other stuff. I was also advised to have my blood sugar and kidney checked. Doc is also saying I need to monitor my blood pressure and take meds for hypertension. Of course I'm not going to do that. LOL. The antibiotics, maybe but I will have to do further research and pray more about this.

Might God be talking to you?

Praxeas 03-11-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkBelosa (Post 1304977)

Are you serious? Take the antibiotics and finish them as the doctor said.

What's wrong with monitoring your BP? Eat better, exercise maybe? Drink less caffeine?

soldout4Jesus 03-11-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1305064)

What's wrong with monitoring your BP? Eat better, exercise maybe? Drink less caffeine?

nothing wrong with monitoring my bp. i meant that im not gonna take the meds for hypertension as they dont usually treat the root cause. i did take the antibiotics only after i read more about the brand.

MarkBelosa 03-11-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1305064)

I posted a reply earlier using my old user account and didn't realize it until I was told that my post needs to be reviewed before it gets posted. Anyways, I meant to say that Im not gonna take the meds for hypertension as they dont usually treat the root cause. I am taking the antibiotics. I did a little research about the brand name and the manufacturer before I went to the drugstore. Typing from my phone so forgive me of any typos. thanks for the prayers and advice. i forgot to mention that my elevated bp was probably due to the fact that I am in pain (slipped disc) but the doctor kinda ignored me when i told her that. she was kinda in a rush and did not ask further questions about my pain and was quick to tell me that i need to take the bp meds.

Praxeas 03-11-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkBelosa (Post 1305070)
I posted a reply earlier using my old user account and didn't realize it until I was told that my post needs to be reviewed before it gets posted. Anyways, I meant to say that Im not gonna take the meds for hypertension as they dont usually treat the root cause. I am taking the antibiotics. I did a little research about the brand name and the manufacturer before I went to the drugstore. Typing from my phone so forgive me of any typos. thanks for the prayers and advice. i forgot to mention that my elevated bp was probably due to the fact that I am in pain (slipped disc) but the doctor kinda ignored me when i told her that. she was kinda in a rush and did not ask further questions about my pain and was quick to tell me that i need to take the bp meds.

They may not treat the root cause but in the meanwhile, they can bring it down while you address the root cause.

I don't know that Pain causes high BP...Stress can.

MarkBelosa 03-12-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1305071)
They may not treat the root cause but in the meanwhile, they can bring it down while you address the root cause.

I don't know that Pain causes high BP...Stress can.

But pain can cause stress :-)

On a serious note, you can google "pain and hypertension" to understand where I am coming from. And yes, I've been through a lot of stressful times lately, so yeah, I need to address that.

UPDATE on my blood test:

Fasting Blood Sugar is at 103.20 mg/dL, which I believe is prediabetic (should be lower than 100). Will monitor this for a week before I go back to the doctor, in time with my follow up on the effect of the antibiotics on my infection...

Creatinine is at 0.86 mg/dL, which I believe is within normal range.
eGFR is at 239.97 mL/min. I believe is also normal (should be >60.00)

It's 5 AM in Manila and I'm just glad that I didn't have to wait in line at this time of the day in order to get the results...

MarkBelosa 03-12-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila (Post 1305003)
Might God be talking to you?

I believe He is. Will pm you. Thanks.