Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Library (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dr.Daniel Segraves book The Search for the Word of God (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=2405)

Trouvere 04-12-2007 10:01 AM

Dr.Daniel Segraves book The Search for the Word of God

I have in my hand a copy of a book by Brother Daniel Segraves on the Search for the Word of God.I wanted to know if any of you have read it before and what your opinion is concerning his stance.

revrandy 04-12-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 72989)
I have in my hand a copy of a book by Brother Daniel Segraves on the Search for the Word of God.I wanted to know if any of you have read it before and what your opinion is concerning his stance.

I haven't read it... but if he wrote it.. I can garuntee you it won't be harmful to you... :tiphat

Trouvere 04-12-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrandy (Post 73000)
I haven't read it... but if he wrote it.. I can garuntee you it won't be harmful to you... :tiphat

I like the garuntee word..it reminds me of Justin Wilsons accent.I read it before and am rereading it.I am wondering because when I pull up the UPCI's Urshan School of Theology I see that the professors there recommend the Nestles txt which if I am correct is a minority text.I am no screamer for KJV but I do believe it has less errors that need correcting than an edition based on the minority text.

Pastor Keith 04-12-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 72989)

I believe that Bro. Segraves opinion has changed, I believe that he no longer agrees with much of what he thought over 25 years ago.

Trouvere 04-12-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith4him (Post 73055)
I believe that Bro. Segraves opinion has changed, I believe that he no longer agrees with much of what he thought over 25 years ago.

In what way Brother that would be contrary to this book?

Pastor Keith 04-12-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 73063)
In what way Brother that would be contrary to this book?

His feelings about the KJV being the only legit book, but you might want to ask him, when I got into a discussion with him, it was my feeling that he doesn't necessarily believe all of his conclusions. Anyway the benefit of growth in his scholarship in my opinion.

Trouvere 04-12-2007 08:59 PM

what is your opinion of the matter.

Praxeas 04-12-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 73006)
I like the garuntee word..it reminds me of Justin Wilsons accent.I read it before and am rereading it.I am wondering because when I pull up the UPCI's Urshan School of Theology I see that the professors there recommend the Nestles txt which if I am correct is a minority text.I am no screamer for KJV but I do believe it has less errors that need correcting than an edition based on the minority text.

You got a link? Kinda weird that a bunch of professors are endorsing any text on a website....

I have an email discussion with him years ago and I think he no longer endorses that book you are reading because through continuing studies he has changed on some positions....however I don't know that such a change includes NOT supporting the TR. He did tell me that his preferred bible was the NKJV over the KJV as far as TR based translations go

Trouvere 04-12-2007 11:48 PM

I will find where I read that hold on.BTW did you notice that the Greek professor graduated from a school that is as far removed from Apostolic thought as possible.Just wondering.
Also the fact that many of these ministers use the NIV version in books and teachings leads me to believe they endorse the Minority texts.

Trouvere 04-13-2007 12:15 AM

Getting back to this book.Has anyone ever read it?