Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=32602)

DAII 12-03-2010 10:14 PM

Re: DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 997262)
But not for Salvation/New Birth

Duh. But those men held the agreed "Apostolic, biblical standard for salvation" ... with the essentiality of tongues as a cornerstone of being Spirit-filled. This does not apply to Branhamite teaching.

Thinker 12-04-2010 12:19 AM

I once met a family of Branhamites and they tried to convert me!! Have anyone ever considered that they feel superior to the different brands of apostolic? We are debating if we should be embracing them. have we ever considered that they may not be concerned if we are in their corner or not?

Im just thinking out loud-----

Hoovie 12-04-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinker (Post 997276)
I once met a family of Branhamites and they tried to convert me!! Have anyone ever considered that they feel superior to the different brands of apostolic? We are debating if we should be embracing them. have we ever considered that they may not be concerned if we are in their corner or not?

I have discovered pretty much all brands of Christiandom does that. Everyone thinks they are the apple of God's eye... That's nice - it's ok to feel special, I hope my kids all feel that way. I really only step in when they start trashing their brother or sister.

Sister Alvear 12-04-2010 07:32 AM

While I do not agree with B. doctrine and do not know if the pastor is or is not in that doctrine I do feel for him, his family and his church...IT seems we have a short time to pray so let's spend as much time as we can in prayer...whether he is or is not we know there are many believers all over the world in persecution that the American churches knows little about...at least at the moment...

aegsm76 12-04-2010 08:00 AM

Sigh.... DA you sometimes remind me of Don Quixote.

MissBrattified 12-04-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinker (Post 997276)

This isn't really relevant to whether or not we should pray for the pastor.

First of all, we still have no way of knowing that the pastor is a Branhamite, and there's more evidence supporting *not* than *is*, IMO. Secondly, even if he is, he still needs our prayers and whether a person has a superiority complex and feels they're in the position to refuse prayer is really not my concern. :rolleyes2

Thinker 12-04-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 997286)
I have discovered pretty much all brands of Christiandom does that. Everyone thinks they are the apple of God's eye... That's nice - it's ok to feel special, I hope my kids all feel that way. I really only step in when they start trashing their brother or sister.

:ursofunny

My Lord HOOVIE...... you nailed the whole religous mind set!!!!

timlan2057 12-04-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissBrattified (Post 996941)
TL - the walking Apostolic history book. ;)

I don't know if this guy is really an "Apostolic contact" or not; does anyone? Regardless, it does seem like an unfortunate trend to claim any Christian who appears in the news as one of our own. It's kind of disgusting, actually, and I really hope that isn't the case here.

Every worthy cause needs a martyr, and it's pretty despicable to see groups clamoring over who gets to claim the latest and greatest. Hopefully Youcef won't be a martyr at all and can stick with his status of "persecuted." Frankly, I'm surprised the mainstream media hasn't picked this up as a human rights violation, since he's actually being persecuted for rejecting Islam...oh, wait....:D

Oh by the way, Abi, I meant to tell you that I am a religious reader of your hubby's smoked meat website.

I brined and smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving following his step-by-step directions, though I put my own little spice touches in my brine recipe. It was delicious.

His site is on my bookmarks list ... one of the things I'd rather read and follow than a saturation of "current events" news.

Thinker 12-04-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinker (Post 996843)
I would encourage all of us to pray for a man that is about to lose his life right in front of his family, and friends by these wicked men!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissBrattified (Post 997303)
This isn't really relevant to whether or not we should pray for the pastor.

First of all, we still have no way of knowing that the pastor is a Branhamite, and there's more evidence supporting *not* than *is*, IMO. Secondly, even if he is, he still needs our prayers and whether a person has a superiority complex and feels they're in the position to refuse prayer is really not my concern. :rolleyes2

As you can see I 100% support Praying and supporting this pastor, I had moved on to a sidebar to the subject. Discussing the flip side to this story. How do Branhamites feel about Apostolics. By the evidence I agree its hard to pin down what this Pastor is.

DAII 12-04-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegsm76 (Post 997296)
Sigh.... DA you sometimes remind me of Don Quixote.

You can be my Sancho Panza and Coadie, my burro.