Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   UPC Report about President Bush (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=2133)

Malvaro 04-04-2007 08:42 AM

UPC Report about President Bush

There is a report coming out of the WI district that President Bush received the HG just last month. Apparently a saint out of the Madison, WI church is a horse-dealer who happened to complete a transaction at the Bush ranch in TX recently. During this meeting it was reported that this saint was able to pray ?with/for? President Bush at which time he received the HG.

This report was shared by the former WI-DS during a recent WI minister's conference.... can anyone verify this as being true?

Ron 04-04-2007 08:44 AM

Weeelll, if it is true, the proof will be in the pudding.
Unless he keeps it hid he just made himself unpopular with the crowd he keeps.

FirstRev 04-04-2007 08:59 AM

I heard the same report several months ago...have no idea of how to substantuate if it is true.

ManOfWord 04-04-2007 09:04 AM

Well, we ALL know he is "looking our way!"

I can just imagine this individual as he is just about to "lay hands" on the President as about 5 Secret Service guys come out of the wood work, guns drawn! (just a funny thought) :D

Pressing-On 04-04-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManOfWord (Post 64388)
Well, we ALL know he is "looking our way!"

I can just imagine this individual as he is just about to "lay hands" on the President as about 5 Secret Service guys come out of the wood work, guns drawn! (just a funny thought) :D

Don't you know it! :toofunny

CC1 04-04-2007 09:18 AM

I always found it ironic that the Presidents who considerd themselves Evangelical were both Southern Baptists (Jimmy "peanut" Carter & Bill Clinton) who hold almost NONE of the values of Evangelicals or Southern Baptists in particular.

On the other hand GWB, who is a Methodist if I recall correctly, has more conservative Evangelical values than either of those guys. He considers himself "born again". He has talked about Christ changing his life when he was at a bad time in it. He opposes gay marriage, abortion, etc. None of which the Southern Baptist Prez's did.

Sister Truth Seeker 04-04-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malvaro (Post 64330)
There is a report coming out of the WI district that President Bush received the HG just last month. Apparently a saint out of the Madison, WI church is a horse-dealer who happened to complete a transaction at the Bush ranch in TX recently. During this meeting it was reported that this saint was able to pray ?with/for? President Bush at which time he received the HG.

This report was shared by the former WI-DS during a recent WI minister's conference.... can anyone verify this as being true?

sounds like a big MAYBE here....supposedly Barbara Bush also has the HG...hummm somehow I doubt this...but the thing is getting the HG is only part of the process and is not the end all...

Michael The Disciple 04-04-2007 09:29 AM

I have always liked the President. I hope its true. Info from the UPCI is not always good. Remember the Messianic Congregations who were supposed to be getting the Holy Ghost and being baptized in Jesus name?

If he has become a true disciple he will take up the cross follow Jesus and not be ashamed of the gospel. If no public statement is made of the Lordship of Christ I would be leary.

Ron 04-04-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Truth Seeker (Post 64430)
sounds like a big MAYBE here....supposedly Barbara Bush also has the HG...hummm somehow I doubt this...but the thing is getting the HG is only part of the process and is not the end all...

Amen STS!:tiphat

Ron 04-04-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 64436)
I have always liked the President. I hope its true. Info from the UPCI is not always good. Remember the Messianic Congregations who were supposed to be getting the Holy Ghost and being baptized in Jesus name?

If he has become a true disciple he will take up the cross follow Jesus and not be ashamed of the gospel. If no public statement is made of the Lordship of Christ I would be leary.

Another Amen.:tiphat