Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity, (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=28450)

Pressing-On 01-28-2010 03:07 PM

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 871413)

We're suspicious people, yes we are,
Been baptized in Jesus name...
Now watching as you change your name,
We're suspicious people, yes we are....

:heeheehee

No, really, TM, I don't know if I should be suspicious or not... but the Lord laid this song on my heart... oh, oops, those aren't the real words? :winkgrin

Timmy... are you sure that's not you? j/k :heeheehee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 871452)
:ursofunny

:thumbsup :toofunny

TroubleMaker 01-28-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 871413)
Been baptized in Jesus name...
Now watching as you change your name,
We're suspicious people, yes we are....

:heeheehee

No, really, TM, I don't know if I should be suspicious or not... but the Lord laid this song on my heart... oh, oops, those aren't the real words? :winkgrin

Timmy... are you sure that's not you? j/k :heeheehee

Beautiful song. Touched my heart. Hey, I saw someone asking for the words to "He's God on the platform" in another place on the forum. Please don't tell me that someone wants to seriously sing that song!

Speaking of.....is Aristotle ever gonna explain the men's apparel thing? I know he had 12 years at Oxford studying Greek and Hebrew, but I actually was raised in Greece AND the school I went to used Hebrew textbooks. I write all my personal letters in Greek, and I preach in Hebrew. My real name is actually Aba'ye Adelphos.

Will McLeod 01-28-2010 03:18 PM

@TroubleMaker: You made me laugh today. Your avatar is the best on AFF, I'll admit. Make sure that Strong's Concordance is "updated". I would recommend the latest release from Zondervan. It's the "Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. You can get it now for around $25 or so. It's has been revised to clear up some mistakes. They'll probably revise it every 5 yrs til' Jesus comes back. LOL

BTW.....I'm no Dr. The Bible just interested me and I chose to get a healthy education in certain subject matters. But study is good. I heard a man say one time, "Go get an education and then forget it." Just my :2cents

Will McLeod 01-28-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroubleMaker (Post 871468)
Beautiful song. Touched my heart. Hey, I saw someone asking for the words to "He's God on the platform" in another place on the forum. Please don't tell me that someone wants to seriously sing that song!

Speaking of.....is Aristotle ever gonna explain the men's apparel thing? I know he had 12 years at Oxford studying Greek and Hebrew, but I actually was raised in Greece AND the school I went to used Hebrew textbooks. I write all my personal letters in Greek, and I preach in Hebrew. My real name is actually Aba'ye Adelphos.

Friend if that were true......we wouldn't be discussing it......you'd be agreeing with me! :dogpat

TroubleMaker 01-28-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will McLeod (Post 871471)
@TroubleMaker: You made me laugh today. Your avatar is the best on AFF, I'll admit. Make sure that Strong's Concordance is "updated". I would recommend the latest release from Zondervan. It's the "Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. You can get it now for around $25 or so. It's has been revised to clear up some mistakes. They'll probably revise it every 5 yrs til' Jesus comes back. LOL

BTW.....I'm no Dr. The Bible just interested me and I chose to get a healthy education in certain subject matters. But study is good. I heard a man say one time, "Go get an education and then forget it." Just my :2cents

Well, I don't know if you're aware, but I AM James Strong! I wrote Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. So there.

But come on Aristotle McCloud, put that Oxford education to good use and use Deut. 22:5 the correct way.

TroubleMaker 01-28-2010 03:24 PM

And hey, how come none of you Hardy Boy-suspicious-types have accused McCloud of being a current AFF poster?? Why are you picking on me?

My initials are actually KH and I'm just letting off a little steam. My son is ruining my church. :sad

pelathais 01-28-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will McLeod (Post 871285)
Lastly; THE BIBLE WAS INTERPRETED ALMOST PERFECTLY INTO ENGLISH. ORDAINED OF GOD HIMSELF. NO NEED TO FRET. WHAT YOU HAVE IS WHAT YOU GET!

GOD BLESS IN JESUS NAME

Will

I appreciate your posts, Will. I have to step out just now but I'll be back in a few. In the mean time- are you saying that translations of the Bible are "inspired?"

I agree with your "gnarly" examples and the points you made there. This reflects a mature understanding of language. However, I kind of balked at the statement above. Do you qualify that statement?

ForeverBlessed 01-28-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blubayou (Post 871386)
FB- I know this was hard for you and your daughter, but it great that she is discovering this so early in her life. She is at the beginning of her life and has time to build a relationship with God. I did not slow down and discover this until much later in my walk with God.

I know... I was saddened by it, but also realize that she is going to be stronger once she finds her way. I told her I was in my 30's before I realized this, and that God specializes in broken things, he can deal with that much better than those who never see any wrong in their lives.

ForeverBlessed 01-28-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeatlast (Post 871365)
Holy Smokes..ForeverBlessed....still got a tear in my eye..just a sec.

So very many are affected by this syndrome.

Praying for you guys now.

thank you for the prayers. I regret not sharing more with my girls as I was learning it for myself. I am at fault just thinking they would just follow my relationship with him... it takes teaching.. lots of it.

missourimary 01-28-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed (Post 871490)
I know... I was saddened by it, but also realize that she is going to be stronger once she finds her way. I told her I was in my 30's before I realized this, and that God specializes in broken things, he can deal with that much better than those who never see any wrong in their lives.

Good answer, Lisa! :thumbsup

ForeverBlessed 01-28-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 871371)
This is what I do respect and honor, Lisa, when you said that you backed off and gave her room. We cannot make someone be who they cannot be. We must allow the Lord to do the work. We must allow the Lord to lead.

one of the hardest things I have ever had to do was back off, from all three actually. I just trust God as he loves them more than I do even. :heart

Pressing-On 01-28-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed (Post 871496)
one of the hardest things I have ever had to do was back off, from all three actually. I just trust God as he loves them more than I do even. :heart

I am remembering when I gave my life to God, I gave my best friend some of my jewelry that she really liked. She asked me if I was going to wear it again or put my makeup back on and I told her, "No, I know who I am for the first time in my life."

She said, "Well, now that you know who you are, put it back on."

I said, "You don't understand. It doesn't work for me anymore." She died about 10 years ago of a cocaine overdose.

Anyway, two different people taking two different paths. That is why I say to allow God to lead us. Do I believe these things are heaven or hell? No, but following His will or not following can get you to either place.

I'm glad you let her work it out for herself. That's the main and most important thing. :thumbsup

*AQuietPlace* 01-28-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyde (Post 871415)

Because if we go off of what the "standard" is today, the men of 300-400 years ago would have been considered, for lack of a better word, "girly." But in their society, they were definitely not!

Ruffled shirts, knee pants, curly wigs, high heeled shoes.... ;)

dizzyde 01-28-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* (Post 871534)
Ruffled shirts, knee pants, curly wigs, high heeled shoes.... ;)

Exactly! :ursofunny They would be headed STRAIGHT to the dark place!!! :ursofunny

freeatlast 01-28-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will McLeod (Post 871376)
You know Freeatlast, I guess the concept of applying the scripture across diverse cultures has eluded you. We apply scripture according to the "spirit" of the scripture in some cases. Through out ALL the existence of the world, believe it or not, things have always be for either a MAN or a WOMEN. Women garments and Men garments. Mens bathrooms and Womens bathrooms. That which pertaineth! It's a CORRECT translation and a literal one at that.

I love how some use the signs on bathroooms to prove a women must wear a dress in our society.

I do realize you didn't imply that Will McLeod, I just find it so hilarious how others have arrived at this conclusion.

One thing i have not yet figured out is how, after Paul strongly encouraged the new Christians NOT to live after the law, That some Apostolics will completey disregard his teaching and go trapsing off to Deut 22:5 and pick out this one verse and choose to impose it upon Gods people to be obeyed and compltely ignore the other 612 laws of the Torah.

Paul said if we did that (lived by one of them) and did not live by ALL of them we would be guilty of beaking them all.

Then of course you all run into the problem IF your intrepretation of Dt 22:5 Is correct most all apostolic women will be lost.

How long of a list of articles of clothing could we make that our Holiness OP women wear, Mens shirts /mens hats /mens sneakers/ the mens jacket you drape over your wifes shoulders when shes cold. The mans coat she put on to take out the trash.
And DENIM was invented for MEN...whatever will we do with all the blue denim skirts...mens apparell Will McLeod!!!

IF putting on something that pertaineth to man IS an ABOMNATION. There are so many things, beside pants, that our women will be in danger of judgment.

Our inconsistensies in OP church are laughable. You pick out what you want out of a verse and disregard the rest.

pelathais 01-28-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeatlast (Post 871550)
I love how some use the signs on bathroooms to prove a women must wear a dress in our society.

I do realize you didn't imply that Will McLeod, I just find it so hilarious how others have arrived at this conclusion.

One thing i have not yet figured out is how, after Paul strongly encouraged the new Christians NOT to live after the law, That some Apostolics will completey disregard his teaching and go trapsing off to Deut 22:5 and pick out this one verse and choose to impose it upon Gods people to be obeyed and compltely ignore the other 612 laws of the Torah.

Paul said if we did that (lived by one of them) and did not live by ALL of them we would be guilty of beaking them all.

Then of course you all run into the problem IF your intrepretation of Dt 22:5 Is correct most all apostolic women will be lost.

How long of a list of articles of clothing could we make that our Holiness OP women wear, Mens shirts /mens hats /mens sneakers/ the mens jacket you drape over your wifes shoulders when shes cold. The mans coat she put on to take out the trash.
And DENIM was invented for MEN...whatever will we do with all the blue denim skirts...mens apparell Will McLeod!!!

IF putting on something that pertaineth to man IS an ABOMNATION. There are so many things, beside pants, that our women will be in danger of judgment.

Our inconsistensies in OP church are laughable. You pick out what you want out of a verse and disregard the rest.

I would recommend NOT using the things you read on the walls of public bathrooms as any kind of guide for anything, especially if you're on the road a lot and visit truck stops.

I don't think I can come down too hard on either side of the "geber" debate over Deuteronomy 22:5; there's just not enough info to be very dogmatic here at all.

The "abomination" issue is relevant too. Mollusks, ocean and freshwater arthropods and many other creatures are all an "abomination forever" under the Law of Moses.

I'm cooking stir fried shrimp tomorrow. I will be wearing "pants" when I do so, but is it still an "abomination?"

Will?

DAII 01-28-2010 07:10 PM

AI makes it's way to the Pentecostal Herald this month with Bernard ... restating his three Apostolic mantras in his Apostolic vision ..

Apostolic Identity + Apostolic Unity = Apostolic Revival.

To his credit AI in this article wraps up the non-negotiable fundamentals of the WeDeclare Crowd ... with a broader scope in defining AI ...

in contrast to the holiness thrust of his last communications.

pelathais 01-28-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 871586)
AI makes it's way to the Pentecostal Herald this month with Bernard ... restating his three Apostolic mantras in his Apostolic vision ..

To his credit AI in this article wraps up the fundamentals of the WeDeclare Crowd ... with a broader scope in defining it as it has been defined his last communications.

The Brand© seems to have recently moved toward a Biblical position on facial hair - or at least it seems to be tolerant of the Bible's teachings.

Any sign that this "Apostolic Identity©" might be open to adopting other Biblical standards, or at least in tolerating Biblical norms?

DAII 01-28-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother David (Post 871593)
The Brand© seems to have recently moved toward a Biblical position on facial hair - or at least it seems to be tolerant of the Bible's teachings.

Any sign that this "Apostolic Identity©" might be open to adopting other Biblical standards, or at least in tolerating Biblical norms?

Of course, as part of the "Apostolic Identity©" branding strategy.... the article states that there can be no compromise of the existing fundamentals ... which might mean the TV prohibition might forever be an Apostolic doctrinal fixture as God-ordained Holiness ...

although the WeDeclare crowd seemed to have wavered on some fundamentals such as jewelry and TV in their quest to outlaw all panties and undies (bi-furcated apparel) with Deut. 22 as prooftext.

missourimary 01-28-2010 07:25 PM

DA, a garment isn't bifurcated until it covers a part of the leg, therefore it is only the boy shorts that had become somewhat popular for awhile that are outlawed.

DAII 01-28-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 871599)
DA, a garment isn't bifurcated until it covers a part of the leg, therefore it is only the boy shorts that had become somewhat popular for awhile that are outlawed.

Sorry MM but bifurcation means the splitting of a main body into two parts ... that outlaws panties too ... maybe even gloves ... most definitely mittens and pantyhose.

Justin 01-28-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 871586)

To his credit AI in this article wraps up the non-negotiable fundamentals of the WeDeclare Crowd ... with a broader scope in defining AI ...

in contrast to the holiness thrust of his last communications.

In which issue? January? I admit I haven't read it... but I skimmed through it and didn't see anything pertaining to Duet 22:5 and 1 Corinthians 11.

DAII 01-28-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 871602)
In which issue? January? I admit I haven't read it... but I skimmed through it and didn't see anything pertaining to Duet 22:5 and 1 Corinthians 11.

You are correct and you wont find any in the DKB article just a reference to inward and outward holiness ...

As the Apostolic Identity© enters the consciousness ... the writing is on the wall for the Detroit lib crowd ... they will start to trickle out ...

some are disaffiliating churches as we speak ....

We are entering a Golden Age of Re-packaged Conservatism ... that will point to policy and procedure as its guiding principles ... hopefully without a full fledged pogrom... then the pendulum will shift drastically.

Justin 01-28-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 871608)
You are correct and you wont find any in the DKB article just a reference to inward and outward holiness ...

As the Apostolic Identity© enters the consciousness ... the writing is on the wall for the Detroit lib crowd ... they will start to trickle out ...

some are disaffiliating churches as we speak ....

We are entering a Golden Age of Re-packaged Conservatism ... that will point to policy and procedure as its guiding principles ... hopefully without a full fledged pogrom... then the pendulum will shift drastically.

Well.... I'm from Detroit and haven't heard anything... although I do not rub shoulders with any "big wigs".

Will McLeod 01-28-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother David (Post 871557)
I would recommend NOT using the things you read on the walls of public bathrooms as any kind of guide for anything, especially if you're on the road a lot and visit truck stops.

I don't think I can come down too hard on either side of the "geber" debate over Deuteronomy 22:5; there's just not enough info to be very dogmatic here at all.

The "abomination" issue is relevant too. Mollusks, ocean and freshwater arthropods and many other creatures are all an "abomination forever" under the Law of Moses.

I'm cooking stir fried shrimp tomorrow. I will be wearing "pants" when I do so, but is it still an "abomination?"

Will?

I must say, I'm fairly tolerant and long suffering with people. I'm even amused by ignorance sometimes. But instead of offering something "factual"......maybe even "some" scripture to argue your points, feelings, doctrine or belief or "lack" thereof, you offer "CHILDISH, IMMATURE" remarks.

I have one question for YOU, friend. I dont ask many....I spend my time answering others.
(?)
Do YOU believe that repentance, baptism IN JESUS NAME, and the INFILLING of THE HOLY GHOST by EVIDENCE of "speaking in other tongues as THE SPIRIT gives utterance" is THE ONLY way to heaven???????

TroubleMaker 01-28-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will McLeod (Post 871615)
I must say, I'm fairly tolerant and long suffering with people. I'm even amused by ignorance sometimes. But instead of offering something "factual"......maybe even "some" scripture to argue your points, feelings, doctrine or belief or "lack" thereof, you offer "CHILDISH, IMMATURE" remarks.

I have one question for YOU, friend. I dont ask many....I spend my time answering others.
(?)
Do YOU believe that repentance, baptism IN JESUS NAME, and the INFILLING of THE HOLY GHOST by EVIDENCE of "speaking in other tongues as THE SPIRIT gives utterance" is THE ONLY way to heaven???????

:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny
You haven't ever had an issue with arrogance have you there, Aristotle?

Will McLeod 01-28-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroubleMaker (Post 871619)
:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny:ursofunny
You haven't ever had an issue with arrogance have you there, Aristotle?

You lack comprehension skills. I have answered the questions posed. I have NOT asked ONE (1) single question in this forum. How is that arrogant?

Sam 01-28-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 871599)

Haven't some preached against pantyhose because they are bifurcated?

TroubleMaker 01-28-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will McLeod (Post 871622)
You lack comprehension skills. I have answered the questions posed. I have NOT asked ONE (1) single question in this forum. How is that arrogant?

Well, somewhere in your vast education, they would have probably taught you how to use applicable words and tenses. For example, if you were only referring to your activity on the forum when you said "I have one question for YOU, friend. I dont ask many....I spend my time answering others", you didn't give any indication of that. A proper way to pose that statement, if referring to your forum activity, would have been, "I have a question for YOU, friend. I haven't asked many...I have spent my time answering the questions of other AFF members."

You see, this way it would have been clear. But when you make the absolute statement, "I don't ask many, I spend my time answering others", you clearly leave the impression that you never ask anyone questions and that scores of people are constantly asking your questions because you know so darn much!

If you need any more help with proper sentence structure, let me know. These principles will also come in handy in proper scriptural interpretation!:lol

RandyWayne 01-28-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

(?)

If you ever have a question about man-in-the-middle attacks, asymmetric encryption, spoofing, NAT routing, HTTP, HTTPS, hashing, multi-factor authentication, WEP, WAP, RIP, RIP2, OSPF, BGP, etc.....

I'm your guy!

Will McLeod 01-28-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 871625)
If you ever have a question about man-in-the-middle attacks, asymmetric encryption, spoofing, NAT routing, HTTP, HTTPS, hashing, multi-factor authentication, WEP, WAP, RIP, RIP2, OSPF, BGP, etc.....

I'm your guy!

LOL......I probably will have some questions at some point Randy. Thanks for opening up with the invite. I very well may need me a good tech support guy. It's good to "know" people. :hmmm

Sam 01-28-2010 09:25 PM

This is from page 7 of the February 2010 issue of the Pentecostal Herald

An Apostolic Vision

The Superintendent Speaks (ex cathedra)

ďAnd they continued steadfastly in the apostlesí doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers ...praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be savedĒ (Acts 2:42-47)

It is the will of God for the church to fulfill a threefold Apostolic vision.

First, we must maintain our Apostolic identity. We exist as a movement because we proclaim the beautiful, scriptural truths of the oneness of God in Jesus Christ, the new birth experience of Acts 2:38, the lifestyle of inward and outward holiness, heartfelt worship, and miracles and gifts of the Spirit. We must always treasure and champion this message. There is plenty of room for growth in grace and knowledge, but there is no room for compromise or abandonment of these fundamentals.

Second, we must have Apostolic unity. We must unite in fellowship, in prayer, and in the common cause of winning the lost. While we have the right to different opinions in matters of personal preferences and organizational decisions, all of us have the responsibility to reach out to one another with mutual support, prayer, forgiveness, and love. All of us need to be involved in the work of the kingdom of God beyond our local church.

Third, we must have Apostolic revival. When we continue steadfastly in Apostolic identity and unity, then we can expect miracles of healing, deliverance, and salvation. Our heartbeat must be souls. We need a continual renewal of the saints and a continual harvest of the lost. We must seize the opportunity to grow our existing churches, to plant new churches and daughter works, to evangelize the diverse population of North America --including Hispanics, African Americans, Asian Americans, and Native Americans --and to reach beyond our borders to evangelize the world.

In this regard, I appreciate the leadership of Kenneth Haney, our general superintendent for the pas eight years. He has worked hard to inspire and motivate us in these areas.

In order to fulfill this Apostolic vision, we need the active involvement of men and women who are called of God. Each minister must work to fulfill the vision and to raise up lay leaders as well as new ministers who have a call, burden, and anointing.

In addition, there are a number of qualified and proven ministers among us who have not yet been ordained. There is a special anointing that comes with ordination, as the church and Holy Ghost jointly confirm the call of God with the laying on of hands of the elders. It is not a formality but a breakthrough into a new spiritual dimension.

Finally, we must mobilize the whole church. There is a ministry, or place of active service, for every child of God. God has given the fivefold ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to train and equip the believers, so that all Godís people can do works of service, so that the body of Christ is built up and grows into maturity. (Ephesians 4:11-13)

Together, let us make history in these last days as we fulfill the Apostolic vision!

pelathais 01-28-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

(?)

I'd have to say that I am stunned by your post, Will. Get over yourself. I posted that question just as I was walking out the door and my wife had reminded me about the stir fry, so I was kind of excited about that.

In response to your question, I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. See John 14:6. This is what the Bible clearly teaches.

StillStanding 01-29-2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 871643)

An Apostolic Vision

ďAnd they continued steadfastly in the apostlesí doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers ...praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be savedĒ (Acts 2:42-47)

First, we must maintain our Apostolic identity. We exist as a movement because we proclaim the beautiful, scriptural truths of the oneness of God in Jesus Christ, the new birth experience of Acts 2:38, the lifestyle of inward and outward holiness, heartfelt worship, and miracles and gifts of the Spirit. We must always treasure and champion this message. There is plenty of room for growth in grace and knowledge, but there is no room for compromise or abandonment of these fundamentals.

Second, we must have Apostolic unity. We must unite in fellowship, in prayer, and in the common cause of winning the lost. While we have the right to different opinions in matters of personal preferences and organizational decisions, all of us have the responsibility to reach out to one another with mutual support, prayer, forgiveness, and love. All of us need to be involved in the work of the kingdom of God beyond our local church.

Third, we must have Apostolic revival. When we continue steadfastly in Apostolic identity and unity, then we can expect miracles of healing, deliverance, and salvation. Our heartbeat must be souls. We need a continual renewal of the saints and a continual harvest of the lost. We must seize the opportunity to grow our existing churches, to plant new churches and daughter works, to evangelize the diverse population of North America --including Hispanics, African Americans, Asian Americans, and Native Americans --and to reach beyond our borders to evangelize the world.

In this regard, I appreciate the leadership of Kenneth Haney, our general superintendent for the pas eight years. He has worked hard to inspire and motivate us in these areas.

In order to fulfill this Apostolic vision, we need the active involvement of men and women who are called of God. Each minister must work to fulfill the vision and to raise up lay leaders as well as new ministers who have a call, burden, and anointing.

In addition, there are a number of qualified and proven ministers among us who have not yet been ordained. There is a special anointing that comes with ordination, as the church and Holy Ghost jointly confirm the call of God with the laying on of hands of the elders. It is not a formality but a breakthrough into a new spiritual dimension.

Finally, we must mobilize the whole church. There is a ministry, or place of active service, for every child of God. God has given the fivefold ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to train and equip the believers, so that all Godís people can do works of service, so that the body of Christ is built up and grows into maturity. (Ephesians 4:11-13)

Together, let us make history in these last days as we fulfill the Apostolic vision!

"We exist as a movement because we proclaim the beautiful, scriptural truths of the oneness of God in Jesus Christ, the new birth experience of Acts 2:38, the lifestyle of inward and outward holiness, heartfelt worship, and miracles and gifts of the Spirit."

Hmmmm! This sounds like a new UPCI mission statement!

I can agree with the statement, but we all know that "outward holiness" refers to the 1950's lifestyle. :)

DAII 01-29-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 871643)

An Apostolic Vision

Thanx for posting Samage.

DAII 01-29-2010 06:20 AM

This is why Apostolic Revival has eluded some ....????

Apostolic Identity + Apostolic Unity = Apostolic Revival

The newest formula hasn't worked in greater exposure and had its global impact because ..... ?????

Quote:

Apocrypha 01-29-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAII (Post 871697)
This is why Apostolic Revival has eluded some ....????

Apostolic Identity + Apostolic Unity = Apostolic Revival

The newest formula hasn't worked in greater exposure and had its global impact because ..... ?????

When people type in the denominations name into Google and Yahoo they get a ton of listings about cults and spiritual abuse. I think Google and Yahoo have changed the game greatly as far as information pro and con on various issues to be available to everyone.

Google search results as of today - "united pentecostal church"

1. http://www.upci.org/

2. http://wec.upci.org/churches/locator/

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._International

4. http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/dispatch/upc.htm (not nice)

5. http://www.mtio.com/articles/bissar75.htm (anti-UPCI doctrine)

6. http://www.rickross.com/groups/upci.html (Rick Ross Anti-Cult Site)

7. http://www.upcbartlett.org/

8. http://www.bethelupc.org/

9. http://www.factnet.org/cults/United_...tal_Church.htm (A whole page of horror testimonies)

And thats page one of Google. Good luck trying to unwind that with the average new convert who reads that with the cross links into anti-cult and spiritual abuse stories.

If I were the UPCI HQ I would drop a ton of money into search engine optimization to try to push all that down several pages and replace it with happy feeley stuff.

Justin 01-29-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocrypha (Post 871706)
When people type in the denominations name into Google and Yahoo they get a ton of listings about cults and spiritual abuse. I think Google and Yahoo have changed the game greatly as far as information pro and con on various issues to be available to everyone.

Google search results as of today - "united pentecostal church"

1. http://www.upci.org/

2. http://wec.upci.org/churches/locator/

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._International

4. http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/dispatch/upc.htm (not nice)

5. http://www.mtio.com/articles/bissar75.htm (anti-UPCI doctrine)

6. http://www.rickross.com/groups/upci.html (Rick Ross Anti-Cult Site)

7. http://www.upcbartlett.org/

8. http://www.bethelupc.org/

9. http://www.factnet.org/cults/United_...tal_Church.htm (A whole page of horror testimonies)

And thats page one of Google. Good luck trying to unwind that with the average new convert who reads that with the cross links into anti-cult and spiritual abuse stories.

If I were the UPCI HQ I would drop a ton of money into search engine optimization to try to push all that down several pages and replace it with happy feeley stuff.

But Jesus said we will be hated for his name sake. So these "colorful" website validates Jesus' words. Wear it as a badge of honor. :tic

:spit

RandyWayne 01-29-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 871764)
But Jesus said we will be hated for his name sake. So these "colorful" website validates Jesus' words. Wear it as a badge of honor. :tic

:spit

In fact, the more you are hated, the more right you must be!

StillStanding 01-29-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 871777)
In fact, the more you are hated, the more right you must be!

Or.....the more you are hated, the more spiritual one must be! DA is truly more Apostolic than most of us! :ursofunny