Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question for Apostolics (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45219)

jfrog 11-26-2013 04:10 AM

Question for Apostolics

Do you believe that everyone now dead who repented and was baptized and who never spoke in tongues actually never truly repented?

renee819 11-26-2013 05:30 AM

Re: Question for Apostolics

Yes, they probably, most of them truly repented. Are they saved? We will find out at the Great White Throne. That is for God to decide and has nothing to do with us.

That's would be like Peter asking, “Lord, you mean all of those millions of people that didn't keep the Law, and knew nothing about the Law, are lost?

Again, that's for God to decide. However, most Americans today can know the Truth if they want Truth and will stand before God without excuse.

Truthseeker 11-26-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renee819 (Post 1290181)
Yes, they probably, most of them truly repented. Are they saved? We will find out at the Great White Throne. That is for God to decide and has nothing to do with us.

That's would be like Peter asking, “Lord, you mean all of those millions of people that didn't keep the Law, and knew nothing about the Law, are lost?

Again, that's for God to decide. However, most Americans today can know the Truth if they want Truth and will stand before God without excuse.

If someone asked you if they are saved if repented and baptized only would you say it's for God to judge or tell them they still need to be filled speaking in tongues?

renee819 11-26-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthseeker (Post 1290184)
If someone asked you if they are saved if repented and baptized only would you say it's for God to judge or tell them they still need to be filled speaking in tongues?

I would ask, how they were baptized, and point out how the apostles baptized, then I would tell them that they needed to be born of he Spirit. ---receive the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues.

But we are talking about dead people, that we can no longer show them the Truth.

Aquila 11-26-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1290177)
Do you believe that everyone now dead who repented and was baptized and who never spoke in tongues actually never truly repented?

I can't judge that.

I also cannot say that they never received the Holy Ghost merely because they never "spoke in tongues" as we know it today. How do I know that they simply didn't "speak it out"? Countless saints have had stammering lips in worship. Many have had visions and experienced what was historically called "spiritual ecstasy".

We have to allow God to be the judge.

renee819 11-26-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila (Post 1290188)
I can't judge that.

I also cannot say that they never received the Holy Ghost merely because they never "spoke in tongues" as we know it today. How do I know that they simply didn't "speak it out"? Countless saints have had stammering lips in worship. Many have had visions and experienced what was historically called "spiritual ecstasy".

Amen Aquila.
My dad, (born in 1897) Told me of a time when he and his dad, Were coming home from town in a wagon. Granddad, started singing and got so happy that he stopped the horses, got off the wagon, and stood with his arms raised toward heaven praising God. Later when Dad learned about the Holy Ghost, he said that he thought granddad received it at that time.

Grandma, (dads mother) would sometimes shout in church, and they said she spoke a language that no one understood. (This in a Baptist or Methodist, church whichever preacher made the circuit, once a month.) Therefore, many not understanding, tried to say that she was losing her mind.

I like to think that they received the Holy Ghost, even though they didn't know what it was. I wonder if they prayed for their children, grandchildren and future generations.

When I was 6, mom and dad went to their first Pentecostal church. Mom prayed, witnessed, and kept on witnessing until all 8 of my bros and sisters were saved. And now many of the grand and grtgrand children are saved and some in the ministry. Prayer for your family---works.

Godzchild 11-26-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila (Post 1290188)
I can't judge that.

:thumbsup ^^ something that MANY people seem to forget......GOD IS THE ONLY ONE who will and is able to judge....and to make the call of IF we make it in or not!!!!!!

FlamingZword 11-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1290177)

Everyone is responsible for the light they have received.

If a person is never shown something, then that person is not responsible for something they have never been taught?

But if a person is shown something and does not accept it, then that person is responsible for rejecting the truth taught.

God wants us to come to the full knowledge of the truth, unfortunately every religious denomination is lacking in some truth. Of course most denominations refuse to accept that they need more truth, since they assume they have it all.

those who after being shown baptism in the name of Jesus refuse this truth, will be judged for their refusal to accept baptism in the name of Jesus.

navygoat1998 11-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingZword (Post 1290225)

If a person is never shown something, then that person is not responsible for something they have never been taught?

But if a person is shown something and does not accept it, then that person is responsible for rejecting the truth taught.

God wants us to come to the full knowledge of the truth, unfortunately every religious denomination is lacking in some truth. Of course most denominations refuse to accept that they need more truth, since they assume they have it all.

those who after being shown baptism in the name of Jesus refuse this truth, will be judged for their refusal to accept baptism in the name of Jesus.

Yes the light doctrine. SO my Baptist Granny made it over the river Jordan. Glory!!!! :heeheehee

TGBTG 11-26-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingZword (Post 1290225)

Wouldn't it be better then not to show people Jesus name baptism since they might reject it on grounds of obeying Jesus as per Matt 28:19?