Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Sunday School (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I need help with Hallelujah Night! (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8968)

ms.tammy 10-19-2007 10:09 AM

I need help with Hallelujah Night!

Hi there!

We are going to do a Hallelujah night on the 31st and need some ideas for games that are scripturally based. Any ideas? Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!! Starting to get somewhat nervous about this!:reaction

MissBrattified 10-19-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.tammy (Post 275531)
Hi there!

We are going to do a Hallelujah night on the 31st and need some ideas for games that are scripturally based. Any ideas? Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!! Starting to get somewhat nervous about this!:reaction

Uhhhh....

Bobbing for Adam's Apples? :shifty

determined 10-19-2007 10:16 AM

Something on the line of a scripture scramble.... divide into teams - take a verse, put one word of the verse on a card (actually 2 cards), give one card to each person on each team so that each team has all the words to the verse. Give them a "go" signal and have them line up to get the verse back in order and see which team gets it the quickest.

And there's always the musical chairs game you can do to GOSPEL music!

AmazingGrace 10-19-2007 03:08 PM

Hey girl were you able to figure anything out of the couple of pages of notes I sent ya?

Hope so LOL....

Good luck! I came home for a 30 min nap and am going to the church in about 15 min to finish re wrecking the car as I messed up some of it... then I gots to make sure everything is ready to go... so excited... so tired.... so frustrated... Oh get this!!! MY helpers... one showed up at 3 when I was leaving... the other one.. we passed on the way to get kids from school!!! walking to the church.... what part of 9 am do they not understand!!!! So i had an awesome kiddo at the church helping me all day!

Oh and.... I offically hate home de pot and wal mart!!! Dont ever wanna see inside those 2 places for a longgggg time!

so nuff of me hijacking your thread... back to business as unusual...

Oh btw yall be nice... this ms tammy person is one of my bestest friends in the universe!!! So be kind pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee LOL:snapout:snapout

ms.tammy 10-19-2007 11:20 PM

Thanks-that's a cute idea! Got anymore?

ms.tammy 10-19-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazingGrace (Post 275759)
Hey girl were you able to figure anything out of the couple of pages of notes I sent ya?

Hope so LOL....

Good luck! I came home for a 30 min nap and am going to the church in about 15 min to finish re wrecking the car as I messed up some of it... then I gots to make sure everything is ready to go... so excited... so tired.... so frustrated... Oh get this!!! MY helpers... one showed up at 3 when I was leaving... the other one.. we passed on the way to get kids from school!!! walking to the church.... what part of 9 am do they not understand!!!! So i had an awesome kiddo at the church helping me all day!

Oh and.... I offically hate home de pot and wal mart!!! Dont ever wanna see inside those 2 places for a longgggg time!

so nuff of me hijacking your thread... back to business as unusual...

Oh btw yall be nice... this ms tammy person is one of my bestest friends in the universe!!! So be kind pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee LOL:snapout:snapout

I have a few figured out, but wanting a good amount so that pastor's wife can pick and choose, ya know?

ms.tammy 10-19-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by determined (Post 275545)
Something on the line of a scripture scramble.... divide into teams - take a verse, put one word of the verse on a card (actually 2 cards), give one card to each person on each team so that each team has all the words to the verse. Give them a "go" signal and have them line up to get the verse back in order and see which team gets it the quickest.

And there's always the musical chairs game you can do to GOSPEL music!

I like those ideas also! Can you think of any that aren't really a team thing? I have a "be ye fishers of men" fishing game and also a breaking down the walls of Jericho ball throw to name a couple.

Trouvere 10-20-2007 03:52 AM

I like bible bingo for the really little ones who can at least read.You can download the cards on the web and use skittles or m and m's for the markers and have some really fun prizes.
Note the markers may disappear during the games.I let them take the ones they use home
in a small bag.

Get a Donkey Pinata.There are donkeys in the bible.Plus you can play the game pin
the tail on the donkey and get that in the birthday party games.This way they can
laugh alot.It supposed to be fun not only for the smartest ones.

ms.tammy 10-20-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 276197)
I like bible bingo for the really little ones who can at least read.You can download the cards on the web and use skittles or m and m's for the markers and have some really fun prizes.
Note the markers may disappear during the games.I let them take the ones they use home
in a small bag.

Get a Donkey Pinata.There are donkeys in the bible.Plus you can play the game pin
the tail on the donkey and get that in the birthday party games.This way they can
laugh alot.It supposed to be fun not only for the smartest ones.

That is really cool also--I think I will use some of that too!

Sis. Lou 01-19-2008 01:58 PM

Hello,
You can Blow up balloons and write the scipture on the balloons. One word per balloon. Tape the words in order on a wall or somewhere it can be reached. Have the children read the balloons. Then have someone come in and say that the these kids don't know there memory verse or whatever you want. This person is holding a hidden sharp object. At this time he goes and bursts one of the balloons and then the children show him that they can say the verse missing one word. Then the person popping the balloons continue to pop balloons with the kids saying the verse over and over again. At the end the kids are saying the verse by memory. Our kids LOVE this game.
:happydance

You can also play hang man with a memory verse

You can also put the words on fish. Set up the old fishing game with the curtain. Let the kids fish for words and put them in the proper order.

You could also put the words in balloons. Blow balloons up let the kids be in teams or pick people. They sit on the balloon and pop it. When the balloons pop they have to put the words in the correct order.

Hope these ideas help....