Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kundalini, snake, divination 🐍 (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52637)

berkeley 08-08-2018 04:03 AM

Kundalini, snake, divination 🐍

I have seen MTD and maybe others refer to strange manifestations done through the Kundalini spirit.

I just read that Kundalini means “coiled,” like a snake. I also read where it is actually referred to as the Kundalini Serpent.

In Acts the young woman possessed by a spirit of divination has the spirit of puvqwn, putho, python -a serpent.

Did she have the spirit of Kundalini?

Michael The Disciple 08-08-2018 04:23 AM

Re: Kundalini, snake, divination 🐍

Quote:

Originally Posted by berkeley (Post 1544109)

I have seen MTD and maybe others refer to strange manifestations done through the Kundalini spirit.

I just read that Kundalini means “coiled,” like a snake. I also read where it is actually referred to as the Kundalini Serpent.

In Acts the young woman possessed by a spirit of divination has the spirit of puvqwn, putho, python -a serpent.

Altho I have heard of what you refer to I dont remember me doing any commentary on it other than one statement. The "kundalini" thing was initially brought to the Internet about a decade ago by a Charismatic minister Andrew Strom.

Esaias 08-08-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Kundalini is the name of a Hindu goddess. She is depicted as a coiled serpent lying within the muladhara chakra located in the perineum. Through certain types of meditative practices one can "awaken" this force and cause it to rise up sequentially through the chakras to the crown chakra located at the top of the head. As the force represented by Kundalini makes it to each chakra, the chakra will "open" or activate, producing changes in one's perception of reality, awareness, etc. Once the crown chakra has been opened, Enlightenment or "clear perception" results whereby one is able to perceive Reality as it (supposedly) really is. Common side effects of Kundalini awakening include the release of psychic powers, tremors, convulsions, increased libido, visions, ecstatic trance experiences, and other strange mental and physical disturbances. Trying to awaken this force without proper guidance from an experienced guru can result in mental and physical imbalances up to and including total mental derangement and death, according to the yogins.

The pythoness had a spirit of divination associated in Greek mystery cult belief with the serpent as a symbol of divine oracles. The snake has long been associated with supernatural forces, divination, insight or illumination, etc by most every culture that has had contact with the ancient Indo-Aryan religion headquartered at Babel and spreading forth from there. Apparently the idea of the snake as a sort of Prometheus who grants special knowledge and abilities came from the Garden episode with Adam and Eve and the nachash (serpent) who offered three things: enlightenment, deification, and immortality.

Aquila 08-08-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

That's an interesting question. I don't know, but it would make sense.

consapente89 08-08-2018 05:57 AM

I have a cousin who is a Kundalini Yoga instructer and practitioner. Very smart guy raised in a Bapticostal family. Surprised everyone when he got mixed up in this deal. I didn’t know him the last time I saw him.

berkeley 08-08-2018 05:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...1&d=1533729533

berkeley 08-08-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1544118)
I have a cousin who is a Kundalini Yoga instructer and practitioner. Very smart guy raised in a Bapticostal family. Surprised everyone when he got mixed up in this deal. I didn’t know him the last time I saw him.

I’m sorry...

votivesoul 08-08-2018 06:44 AM

There are any number of serpents out there ready to invite themselves into any idolaters and heathens who will have them. They need not be Kundalini in nature or form.

CalledOut238 08-08-2018 09:48 AM

Re: Kundalini, snake, divination ��

In the Kaballah it teaches that the Sefirot are ten modes or attributes through which God manifests Himself. Hinduism teaches that the charkas are 7 vortexes of energy lying across seven different points on a person's spinal column. The Kaballah is extraordinarily like the ancient Indian system. Although originally an imbalanced patriarchal system, the Kaballah attempts to achieve balance through the emphasis placed upon the idea of the Shekinah or female mate of God. This is like the placement of Nature in relationship to that of Spirit, the differentiated as opposed to the undifferentiated, and/or the resolution of the apparent dichotomy between earth and heaven through the Intermediator of the divine human body, Adam Kadmon (Quadmon), which is considered by the kaballists to be the energetic template of the spiritual man (or embodied spirit).

The Kundalini Spirit Imitating the Holy Ghost is a weaponized concept from deists denominations. Andrew Strom; and Ecumenical Christians like him, believes that large parts of the global charismatic movement is demonic. I remember when my first encounter with a Church of Christ patron. I had just been filled with the Holy Ghost over thirty years ago and I was telling everybody about my experience. After sharing it with this fellow he replied, “People who talk in tongues are possessed with a devil!” I literally wept all the way home from my visit. So this kind of spiritual attack is nothing new under the sun.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 (Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.)

I have heard some ask what is blaspheming the Holy Ghost? It tells you in 30th verse of Mark that blaspheming is when someone calls the Holyghost a unclean spirit. These are supposititious believers who follow the Billy Sunday; “Ask the Lord to come into your heart,” genre. Spewing their indoctrinated diatribes of spiritual matters they do not understand.

2Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption.

Is there a counterfeit Spirit that tries to attach itself into congregations and emulate the Holy Spirit? Absolutely, and we have an example in Acts.

Acts 16: 16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, (These men are the servants of the most high God), which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

We have instruction in the scripture to discern spiritual counterfeits. We know there are witches and sorceries that will try to subvert our fellowships. The Holyghost does everything in order and ministers should have discernment if they see otherwise.

1Corinthians 14:32 Let all things be done decently and in order.

1Corinthians 14:40 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

But this association with the Holy Spirit with Kundalini is the darkest indictment against those who resist the miraculous movement of our Father’s Spirit. It is designed to project spirit filled believers as Kundalini reprobates and to scare people into fleeing back to their ecumenical church system. Our Father knows the sheep from the goats, but you are on dangerous ground when you compare the infilling of the Holyghost with an unclean spirit.

Selah

n david 08-08-2018 10:08 AM

Re: Kundalini, snake, divination ��

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalledOut238 (Post 1544156)
In the Kaballah it teaches that the Sefirot are ten modes or attributes through which God manifests Himself. Hinduism teaches that the charkas are 7 vortexes of energy lying across seven different points on a person's spinal column. The Kaballah is extraordinarily like the ancient Indian system. Although originally an imbalanced patriarchal system, the Kaballah attempts to achieve balance through the emphasis placed upon the idea of the Shekinah or female mate of God. This is like the placement of Nature in relationship to that of Spirit, the differentiated as opposed to the undifferentiated, and/or the resolution of the apparent dichotomy between earth and heaven through the Intermediator of the divine human body, Adam Kadmon (Quadmon), which is considered by the kaballists to be the energetic template of the spiritual man (or embodied spirit).

If you are lifting material from another source, you need to post the source link for the material you are lifting. Taking information from another website without proper sourcing is called PLAGIARISM.