Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Ron Paul Not Racist... (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=37994)

Jermyn Davidson 12-30-2011 02:22 PM

Ron Paul Not Racist...

just the people connected to him and the people they were trying to attract, in the 1990's-- so, so, so very long ago-- EONS ago even.

Perry isn't racist-- just his family members, or is it the people that were connected to them?

The GOP STILL has a race issues.

The good people of the GOP are largely silent when it comes to this issue, just like the American Muslims who RARELY ever publicly condemn the terrorism their brothers and sisters practice in other countries.

Until good GOP'ers and good Muslims speak out against the stupidity that runs unchecked in their ranks, they will have a hard time gaining credibility and trust from... other people.

Maybe the New Year will bring a new kind of boldness from the GOP that "corrects" the racial idiots among them.

Publicly acknowledging the wrong will go a long way in making things right for those on the right.

KWSS1976 12-30-2011 02:26 PM

Re: Ron Paul Not Racist...

I think it is time for a President that is not a Republican/Democrat..I mean look at the past presidents..one is either/or and nothing good has came of it...

forgivenson 12-30-2011 03:05 PM

I think Ron Paul is whatever you want him to be. He is non-racist when it suits him, and racist when it suits him. Not leadership material.

Digging4Truth 12-30-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgivenson (Post 1124892)
I think Ron Paul is whatever you want him to be. He is non-racist when it suits him, and racist when it suits him. Not leadership material.

Exactly when and how is Ron Paul racist when it suits him?

Jermyn Davidson 12-31-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digging4Truth (Post 1124893)
Exactly when and how is Ron Paul racist when it suits him?

Yeah, I am with you!

We all know Ron Paul was never racist. He was never responsible for those letters that bore his name or his organization's name. Oh no! This is just another example of painting the GOP as racist.

Ron Paul let black people work for him-- of course he's not racist!

Ron Paul is a good Christian brother, just like Rick Perry is too! What? You didn't hear about the Ron Paul Christian Concert, "Redneck's Call to Prayer?" Everyone knows that really EVERYONE was invited, but he packaged his invitations and concert in a way that was accomodating to those people, after all, they really do love Jesus and they have the ability to vote too!

He was just trying to reach out to those people, similar to evangelical dating!

The GOP does not have any racial issues-- not within the recent past and DEFINITELY not today! Just look at our candidates, the people we as a party put out front to represent us!

They sure do make it easy to understand and explain to others why I'm a registered Republican today!

Originalist 12-31-2011 07:10 PM

Ron Paul might be the most maligned, mis-represented politician that has ever lived.

Praxeas 12-31-2011 08:15 PM

I think a GOPer is a racist when it fits a liberals agenda...until then the JDs of the world will always play it up in the GOPers camp as if the Democrats don't have a race problem in theirs

Truthseeker 12-31-2011 10:04 PM

no one group has a monopoly on racism.

Praxeas 12-31-2011 10:24 PM

exactly but what about playing the race card?

Truthseeker 12-31-2011 10:29 PM

Many times its played with no merit while other times it does.