Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lee Bellinger, know anything about him? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=25815)

Esther 08-23-2009 02:47 PM

Lee Bellinger, know anything about him?

A lady at my church has asked me to join in buying a subscription from Independent Living. Lee Bellinger is the publisher and editor.

He has a book "The Dollar Destruction Defense Manual: Everyting you need to protect your way of life against the coming inflationary ruin" PLUS

Free Bonus report #1 "Smart Hoarding 101: Do it right ans ave big money by stocking up on food, water, and yes, fuel.

Free Bonus report #2 "Secure your cash in strong currencies: Five strategies that may soon be illegal"

Free Bonus report #3 "The coming silver age: 10 Fundamental reasons why "The Poor man's gold" will explode in price in the years ahead"

I tried doing a search on him and a lot comes up, but all seems to come back to the same information.

Pressing-On 08-23-2009 02:51 PM

Re: Lee Bellinger, know anything about him?

Here you go.

Quote:

Lee Bellinger is a graduate of Hillsdale College in Political Economy and History and participated in the college’s prestigious Washington-Hillsdale Internship Program (WHIP).

After completing his internship in the Hill, Lee served as legislative assistant to then Rep. Dan Coats of Indiana, covering science and technology, as well as the House tax-writing body, the Ways and Means Committee. He also served as Special Assistant to Congressman Toby Roth of Wisconsin, on intelligence and defense issues.

Lee Bellinger is a graduate of the National Journalism Center and worked for columnist and author Donald Lambro, as well as the Leadership Institute. From 1985 to 1990, Lee Bellinger was President of the activist group Conservative Action Foundation, which mounted a river blockade of a Soviet freighter in 1985, from which a Ukrainian seaman tried to defect twice in New Orleans.Other high-profile incidents of Lee’s activism caused the Washington Post to comment in 1989 that he is the “right wing’s answer to Abbie Hoffman.”

In 1989, Lee Bellinger formed a publishing group that purchased The American Sentinel newsletter from Phillips Publishing in Potomac Maryland. He has been publishing the private intelligence advisory on the activities of the left ever since. Lee Bellinger is founder and publisher of Independent Living, one of the country’s fastest-growing private investment newsletters. Both The American Sentinel and Independent Living are published by Lee’s South Carolina-based American Lantern Press, which also produces highly-popular manuals and reports for freedom-loving Americans who cherish self-reliance, including The National Bankruptcy Survival Guide and the Social Chaos Survival Guide.
http://americanlanternpress.com/publisher.html

Esther 08-23-2009 03:20 PM

Yes, I found that. I was looking for something like comments on his accuracy rate or how legit he is.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Pressing-On 08-23-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther (Post 792222)
Yes, I found that. I was looking for something like comments on his accuracy rate or how legit he is.

Thanks for the info anyway.

He sounds like an alarmist just by some of his book titles and I would normally back away from an author like him, but that's just me.

Esther 08-23-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 792224)
He sounds like an alarmist just by some of his book titles and I would normally back away from an author like him, but that's just me.

That was what was concerning me. He may have the facts and they may be true, but I wonder if he is all about just selling more subscriptions and reports.

I have to tell her something tonight. :(

CC1 08-23-2009 04:15 PM

Does he offer a discount on joining the militia?

Hoovie 08-23-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 792231)
Does he offer a discount on joining the militia?

whoa! It is the activist militia types, both organized and not that pevent the trampling of our second ammendment.

CC1 08-23-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 792236)
whoa! It is the activist militia types, both organized and not that pevent the trampling of our second ammendment.

I don't consider the NRA a militia. The sad truth is that most 21st century militia's in the USA are made up of nut jobs who are either white supermicist, paranoid, end of the world consipracy theorists, or all of the above.

I would like to have a survival plan in place in case of some great natural, man made, or social catastrophe. Like a plot of land in the middle of nowhere Tennessee more than 35 miles from any nuclear target and plenty of basic survival supplies to last a long time. I recently checked into a website recommended as the best deal in freeze dried food for doomsdayers and almost choked on the "great" price!! I guess it was a good deal for how long it would last but Yikes!!! I don't have a thousand dollars per person to stock up for the whole family. I am thinking a few 50 pound bags of rice and flour and a bunch of bottled water just might have to do.

RevDWW 08-23-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 792259)
I am thinking a few 50 pound bags of rice and flour and a bunch of bottled water just might have to do.

Through some dried beans and some peanut butter. Maybe some kool-aid packs for the water..........Mmmm mmmm.....

A pot of beans, a jug of water and thou (thou being my lovely wife and our great kids)........and a brick or two of ammo .:thumbsup

missourimary 08-23-2009 08:01 PM

Most times if a guide to saving is sold, someone thinks its worthwhile. It just often isn't the buyer.
Really, if the man is that concerned about helping people, shouldn't he be giving away at least some informational brochures or have a free info website to tantalize us into joining or something?