Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Gulf of Persia Incident? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53306)

Originalist 05-06-2019 07:07 AM

Gulf of Persia Incident?

Are the walrus Michael Bolton and Israel trying to drag us into a war?

jediwill83 05-06-2019 10:19 AM

Re: Gulf of Persia Incident?

1 Attachment(s)
😬

Evang.Benincasa 05-06-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1563393)

Yes

coksiw 05-06-2019 09:19 PM

Reference Please? I want to read more :)

n david 05-07-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

No, Michael Bolton is not trying to drag us into a war. Michael Bolton wants us to know that Love is a Wonderful Thing; that Time, Love and Tenderness are what we need to get through the pain, heartache and rain; that When A Man Loves A Woman, he'd trade the world and spend his very last dime trying to hold on to what he needs.

:nod

Oh, and yes, John Bolton very much wants to fulfill his dream of starting a war with Iran.

Ehud 05-07-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1563457)
No, Michael Bolton is not trying to drag us into a war. Michael Bolton wants us to know that Love is a Wonderful Thing; that Time, Love and Tenderness are what we need to get through the pain, heartache and rain; that When A Man Loves A Woman, he'd trade the world and spend his very last dime trying to hold on to what he needs.

Oh, and yes, John Bolton very much wants to fulfill his dream of starting a war with Iran.

:yourock

n david 05-07-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Are the walrus [John] Bolton and Israel trying to drag us into a war?

I don't know about Israel, but absolutely yes that John Bolton wants to finally fulfill his dream of war with Iran.

BUT ... not going to happen with Donald J. Trump the POTUS.

The Reagan Doctrine was Peace Through Strength.
The Bush Doctrine was based on preemption, unilateralism, military supremacy and exporting democracy.
The Obama Doctrine was apologizing and bowing to foreign leaders

The Trump Doctrine is a bit of Reagan and Bush, mixed with Trump's own brand of crazy sauce.

Trump uses the peace through strength of Reagan and the military supremacy of Bush in his bombastic rhetoric via Twitter Diplomacy.

Remember he mocked KJU as the "rocket man" and warned NK that the US would obliterate NK if KJU did anything stupid. Remember how the media and libs freaked out -- claimed that Trump was going to start a nuclear war with NK? Trump boasted of our military might and nuke capability. But then, adding Trump's own kind of doctrine, he later pushed to meet with KJU and complimented KJU as a means to encourage good behavior and try to get a peace deal.

Same with Iran. Trump has mocked and warned Iran in the past, but has also made a push for peace and tried to compliment the Mullahs.

I read this article:

"""Is John Bolton about to get the Iran war he's always wanted, or is he on the verge of losing his job?

Over the past several days, President Trump's national security adviser has made comments and issued statements about Iran and Venezuela that are usually reserved for the run-up to military campaigns.

Yet Bolton's boss doesn't seem to be playing along."""

"""Meanwhile, in recent weeks Iran's foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, has been signaling his government's desire to negotiate a new nuclear deal with Washington. It's worth recalling that this is precisely what Trump said his goal was when he pulled the United States out of the nuclear agreement one year ago this week."""

"""On Saturday, Trump put out two more tweets that must have unnerved Bolton.

In the first, regarding Kim, Trump tweeted that he "knows that I am with him & does not want to break his promise to me. Deal will happen!"

That was followed by Trump gushing about his "very good call" with Russian President Vladimir Putin about what the president called the, "Tremendous potential for a good/great relationship with Russia, despite what you read and see in the Fake News Media."

For a Cold War relic like Bolton, such proclamations must be maddening, which is probably why he is clinging to his long-desired war with Iran. The State Department's "maximum pressure" Iran policy is increasing already high tensions with Tehran. Add U.S. warships to the Persian Gulf and the likelihood of a miscalculation only increases.

But given Trump's aversion to new conflicts and his propensity for making nice with dictators, Bolton knows the moment could be fleeting."""

https://www.greenwichtime.com/opinio...d-13824655.php

Bolton is trying, but with Trump in the WH I don't believe the US will start another war.

jediwill83 05-07-2019 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

no, michael bolton is not trying to drag us into a war. Michael bolton wants us to know that love is a wonderful thing; that time, love and tenderness are what we need to get through the pain, heartache and rain; that when a man loves a woman, he'd trade the world and spend his very last dime trying to hold on to what he needs.

oh, and yes, john bolton very much wants to fulfill his dream of starting a war with iran.

😂

Evang.Benincasa 05-07-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

I just laughed myself into almost choking to death.

I fell completely over in my office chair. My cats took off like a shot across the room. This was a funny funny post :thumbsup

Originalist 05-08-2019 03:53 AM

I was trying to figure out the joke , and then re-read my own OP. haha OOPS! It did make for some good humor!