Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Daniel's 70th week (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53207)

good samaritan 03-11-2019 09:31 PM

Daniel's 70th week

the book of Mathew chapter one gives a chapter long Chronology from Abraham to Christ. It states that there is 14 generations from Abraham unto David, 14 generations from David to the carrying away to Babylon, and 14 generations from the carrying away to Babylon to Christ. a generation seems to consistantly be 40years in the Bible. (14 x generations) 14 x 40=560years. There is 560 years from the babylonian captivity until Christ.

Daniel said the number of years of the captivity would be 70years and then he said that their would be 70 weeks following the decree of Cyrus to the Messiah.

70years + 70 weeks
70 years +490years =560yrs

Mathew and Daniel matchup very well. I know that it gets confusing dealing with exact dates in scriptures because our calendars are not the same, but for a general view this seemed to be good.

I just don't understand how people subtract the 70th week and place it in the 21st century when it fits so well right were it is at.

Esaias 03-11-2019 10:43 PM

Re: Daniel's 70th week

Quote:

Originally Posted by good samaritan (Post 1559697)
the book of Mathew chapter one gives a chapter long Chronology from Abraham to Christ. It states that there is 14 generations from Abraham unto David, 14 generations from David to the carrying away to Babylon, and 14 generations from the carrying away to Babylon to Christ. a generation seems to consistantly be 40years in the Bible. (14 x generations) 14 x 40=560years. There is 560 years from the babylonian captivity until Christ.

Daniel said the number of years of the captivity would be 70years and then he said that their would be 70 weeks following the decree of Cyrus to the Messiah.

70years + 70 weeks

Mathew and Daniel matchup very well. I know that it gets confusing dealing with exact dates in scriptures because our calendars are not the same, but for a general view this seemed to be good.

I just don't understand how people subtract the 70th week and place it in the 21st century when it fits so well right were it is at.

It began with dispensationalism in the 1800s, as a prop to support political Zionism.

Evang.Benincasa 03-12-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1559706)
It began with dispensationalism in the 1800s, as a prop to support political Zionism.

Here is where it all started from Don Isaac Abravanel to Rabbi Tovia Singer.

Getting everyone ready for their antichrist.

Believe me, many Hebrew Rootists and Yah wayists have rolled out the carpet for this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tta3mqZyb3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8grxuBn1jM

Michael The Disciple 03-12-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by good samaritan (Post 1559697)

70years + 70 weeks

If the 70th week was fulfilled in the 1st century would it abolish a future end time scenario?

Esaias 03-12-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1559752)
If the 70th week was fulfilled in the 1st century would it abolish a future end time scenario?

It would abolish most of the tomfoolery masquerading as "end time scenarios" being promoted by political propagandists pretending to be prophecy pundits.

Evang.Benincasa 03-12-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1559755)
It would abolish most of the tomfoolery masquerading as "end time scenarios" being promoted by political propagandists pretending to be prophecy pundits.

Try watching this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptoH14R_x7s

Michael The Disciple 03-13-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1559746)
Here is where it all started from Don Isaac Abravanel to Rabbi Tovia Singer.

Getting everyone ready for their antichrist.

Believe me, many Hebrew Rootists and Yah wayists have rolled out the carpet for this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tta3mqZyb3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8grxuBn1jM

In the broader scope of things this seems to be a minor threat in our time. I hear constantly about the evil Jews, here and elsewhere. While I certainly disagree with the guy in the video, his approach is similar to our own.

When the Messiah comes he will defeat the nations and rule them with an iron rod.

His sin is in refusing Yeshua as the Messiah. Yes it is antichrist doctrine. One strand of it. On a world wide basis Judaism is nowhere near the terror to Christians as the Communists and Islamics who have killed millions of believers in Yeshua.

I cant think right off hand IN OUR DAY where the Jewish faith has beheaded or put to death Christians at all.

Esaias 03-13-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1559776)
In the broader scope of things this seems to be a minor threat in our time. I hear constantly about the evil Jews, here and elsewhere. While I certainly disagree with the guy in the video, his approach is similar to our own.

When the Messiah comes he will defeat the nations and rule them with an iron rod.

His sin is in refusing Yeshua as the Messiah. Yes it is antichrist doctrine. One strand of it. On a world wide basis Judaism is nowhere near the terror to Christians as the Communists and Islamics who have killed millions of believers in Yeshua.

I cant think right off hand IN OUR DAY where the Jewish faith has beheaded or put to death Christians at all.

You must not have studied the facts on Communism. Nor on who funds and manages "Islamic terrorism".

BTW, I was not aware that Muslims have killed millions of believers in Yeshua? At least not since the middle ages, when Islamic armies were stampeding across much of Europe, fighting against armies raised by the Popes (the guys who claimed to be God-On-Earth)?

Dear brother, I do think you are in the dark regarding history, and therefore are not able to put yourself and the present condition into proper perspective.

Esaias 03-13-2019 07:22 AM

But perhaps you, or anyone, could present the case from Scripture that the 70th week of Daniel is to be separated from the other 69 weeks, by a gap of some two thousand years or so? When did the 69 weeks end, and why, and why should anyone think the 70th never started? And why did nobody recognize that key piece of information until Scofield was selling his book, financed by non Christian Zionist Jews?

Michael The Disciple 03-13-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1559778)
You must not have studied the facts on Communism. Nor on who funds and manages "Islamic terrorism".

BTW, I was not aware that Muslims have killed millions of believers in Yeshua? At least not since the middle ages, when Islamic armies were stampeding across much of Europe, fighting against armies raised by the Popes (the guys who claimed to be God-On-Earth)?

Dear brother, I do think you are in the dark regarding history, and therefore are not able to put yourself and the present condition into proper perspective.

Can you present where the Jewish faith has beheaded or killed any Christians in our time? Or anyone in the last 1800 years?

I can present facts all day that the Communists and Muslims have and it continues to this day. And YET almost all we hear about both here and other places on the net is how horrible the Jews are.

As a matter of fact I consistently got A's in history in school. It was my favorite subject. Now since the coming of the Internet where apparently much more truth has come to light I'm sure I could still learn much more about it.

Problem is that long ago I decided to put my free time into studying the Bible. Other interests have been put to the side for the most part.