Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Chef's Corner (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Are We Eating Too Much? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=36408)

ILoveMeMyJesus 08-08-2011 07:41 PM

Are We Eating Too Much?

Should apostolics be fat? Someone told me we shouldn't be fat because our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Then why are most of our preachers fat?

BeenThinkin 08-08-2011 08:26 PM

Re: Are We Eating Too Much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMeMyJesus (Post 1088088)
Should apostolics be fat? Someone told me we shouldn't be fat because our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Then why are most of our preachers fat?

You better LoveYouYourJesus! ....... Better yet, you better hope he loves you, cause there are some preachers that ain't loving you too much, right now!!! :heeheehee

Been Thinkin

Praxeas 08-08-2011 08:37 PM

I wasn't aware there was a survey done to determine that most of our preachers are fat...but why just pick on preachers and not the entire body of Christ?

BTW I don't eat too much

seguidordejesus 08-08-2011 10:50 PM

Yes, we should all be fat.

Amanah 08-09-2011 12:27 AM

don't know what the formula is for men, but for women, this is the approximate weight formula:

at 5 feet we should weight 100 pounds, with an additional 5 pounds for every inch over 5 feet.

for example, I'm 5'9", so I should weigh 145 lbs.

this corresponds pretty well with what a BMI chart says my ideal BMI should be.

according to my physician, a woman should have a BMI around 22 to 23, and a man should be around 24 to 25. If you are a weight lifter you should go by fat percentage versus BMI.

this information was gathered from statistical longevity data.

In addition, if you want to get an idea of how many calories you should be eating, take your BMI weight X 10 and then multiply it by your activity level, 1.1 for slightly active, 1.2 for very active:

so, for me that would be (145*10) *1.2 or about 1700 calories per day to maintain my weight.

If you want to lose weight, keep a food journal, there are calorie counters on the web, you can easily keep track of the calories you are eating with a little research on the web.

figure out what your weight should be, using a BMI chart, and the calorie formula above. Eat 4 or 5 smaller meals through out the day to ensure that you are not hungry and that your metabolism is steady. Eat lean protein, vegetable and complex carbs each meal. For women, make sure you are getting enough calcium and taking calcium supplements to preserve bone density. Excersize about 3 times a week to maintain bone and muscle mass.

and there you are, within no time you will feel much better.

crakjak 08-09-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMeMyJesus (Post 1088088)

Yes, because eating is a habit for us all. We eat too much because we eat the wrong foods and and the wrong combination of foods and are not satisfied. The wrong, and too much food overtaxes our vital systems and brings on untimely death. If you are ready to change your life, related to eating and being satisfied, there is an old book titled, "Fit for Life", it requires complete change and it give the menus to go with this change. You will lose all excess weight, eliminate heart stress, high blood pressure and diabetes, feel much better, lighten the load on your aging frame, and quit snoring, and stop sleep apnea.

You may not believe it, but it is true, and it satisfies your hungry to boot. I couldn't do it 25 years ago, but eight months ago, I had matured to a place that it has worked beautifully. Lost 30 lbs, and though I didn't have all the problems listed above, my blood pressure had started elevating and my wife said I snored, and my bones and joints were very painful in the morning. Blood pressure two days ago was 117/73 with a 71 pulse. Wife says my snoring has stopped and I just rode my bike for five miles this morning, with ease.

Not bragging just sharing what I believe is a God sent, I now believe I can live to see all my grandchildren born and graduate. Hope this is helpful for someone, the menus take effort, the cost of fruit and veggies may be a bit higher, because you will eat lots of them. Soft drinks taste awful now so eliminately them from my diet is no loss.

crakjak 08-16-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crakjak (Post 1088192)
Yes, because eating is a habit for us all. We eat too much because we eat the wrong foods and and the wrong combination of foods and are not satisfied. The wrong, and too much food overtaxes our vital systems and brings on untimely death. If you are ready to change your life, related to eating and being satisfied, there is an old book titled, "Fit for Life", it requires complete change and it give the menus to go with this change. You will lose all excess weight, eliminate heart stress, high blood pressure and diabetes, feel much better, lighten the load on your aging frame, and quit snoring, and stop sleep apnea.

You may not believe it, but it is true, and it satisfies your hungry to boot. I couldn't do it 25 years ago, but eight months ago, I had matured to a place that it has worked beautifully. Lost 30 lbs, and though I didn't have all the problems listed above, my blood pressure had started elevating and my wife said I snored, and my bones and joints were very painful in the morning. Blood pressure two days ago was 117/73 with a 71 pulse. Wife says my snoring has stopped and I just rode my bike for five miles this morning, with ease.

Not bragging just sharing what I believe is a God sent, I now believe I can live to see all my grandchildren born and graduate. Hope this is helpful for someone, the menus take effort, the cost of fruit and veggies may be a bit higher, because you will eat lots of them. Soft drinks taste awful now so eliminately them from my diet is no loss.

Bump

Dagwood 08-16-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praxeas (Post 1088096)
I wasn't aware there was a survey done to determine that most of our preachers are fat...but why just pick on preachers and not the entire body of Christ?

BTW I don't eat too much

:thumbsup

Cindy 08-16-2011 08:53 AM

I am 4' 11" and weigh 88 pounds, I don't have any fat.

ILG 08-16-2011 08:58 AM

Because being fat is only a kind of, sort of, God winks at kind of sin even though the scripture specifically mentions gluttony. BUT! For a woman to wear pants, even though the Bible does not mention it nor does the UPCI manual, THAT is a hell bound sin!!

Anymore questions? :heeheehee