Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Shopping Mall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Holiness Swim Wear (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29741)

missourimary 05-03-2010 10:22 AM

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 906566)
How many steps removed is enough? :hmmm

I've always heard it preached this way: a rich man was hiring a chauffer for his little daughter. He interviewed several drivers and asked each "If you were driving up a steep mountain, with mountain on one side and a cliff dropping straight off on the other, how close to the edge would you get?" The first said, "Sir, I can drive a car with the tires right on the edge of the drop." The second said, "Sir, I could drive on the shoulder without concern for your daughter's safety." The third replied, "Why, I'd stay as far from the cliff as possible!" The man immediately hired the third driver.

Which is fine til you consider that a man who drives too close to the mountainside can be just as dangerous as the one driving too close to the cliff.

:largehalo

RandyWayne 05-03-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 906566)
How many steps removed is enough? :hmmm

Well, if you look at it this way: We didn't do A because it was too similar to B, which in turn was too similar to C, but even though it is just two steps removed, A bares very little likeness to C -never mind the original sin (which may be the most biblical-principle like), D.

Timmy 05-03-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 906582)
I've always heard it preached this way: a rich man was hiring a chauffer for his little daughter. He interviewed several drivers and asked each "If you were driving up a steep mountain, with mountain on one side and a cliff dropping straight off on the other, how close to the edge would you get?" The first said, "Sir, I can drive a car with the tires right on the edge of the drop." The second said, "Sir, I could drive on the shoulder without concern for your daughter's safety." The third replied, "Why, I'd stay as far from the cliff as possible!" The man immediately hired the third driver.

Which is fine til you consider that a man who drives too close to the mountainside can be just as dangerous as the one driving too close to the cliff.

:lol

RandyWayne 05-03-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 906582)

And no doubt also helps to create road rage in those driving behind him or her because of their tendency to drive under the speed limit thus slowing ALL the cars behind them to a crawl.

missourimary 05-03-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 906598)
And no doubt also helps to create road rage in those driving behind him or her because of their tendency to drive under the speed limit thus slowing ALL the cars behind them to a crawl.

Yeah, or could be driving on the wrong side of the road!

Timmy 05-03-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 906613)
Yeah, or could be driving on the wrong side of the road!

:spit :spit :spit :ursofunny :ursofunny :ursofunny

POTD!!

:thumbsup

missourimary 05-03-2010 12:41 PM

LOL There is a danger in analogies, isn't there!?! I didn't mean it quite the way it might be read, but that too... :winkgrin

Timmy 05-03-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 906641)
LOL There is a danger in analogies, isn't there!?! I didn't mean it quite the way it might be read, but that too... :winkgrin

I'll read it however I want to, to get the most out of it! :heeheehee

RandyWayne 05-03-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missourimary (Post 906641)

Here is a good one for you!

Sometimes it is far safer to climb over the mountain despite the snow, cold, and cliffs, then it is to go through the mines.

Timmy 05-03-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyWayne (Post 906650)
Here is a good one for you!

Sometimes it is far safer to climb over the mountain despite the snow, cold, and cliffs, then it is to go through the mines.

Yep. Balrogs.