Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF News (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The UPCI Needs a Healer (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9254)

rkentsmith 10-29-2007 08:55 PM

The UPCI Needs a Healer

The United Pentecostal Church Needs a Healer

Shocked silence filled the conference when the announcement was made….

The resolution passed….

Those there, will never forget the sudden vacuum….

Time only will tell what really happened in that moment….

Some declare Ichabod…..

Others Revival….

I personally feel our movement was swept with a spirit of confusion….

We all have been confused since the vote….

We have all grieved….

However….

Such a decision will not be without consequence….

The consequence may well be more painful than any really understood….

Unity has been called for….

Global Impact desired….

But now division is greater than ever….

Now we hear of a great convocation in Tulsa…..

Great men from the east coast are leaving….

Great men from the west are leaving….

Great men from the south as well….

Great men from all over…..

Leaving……

Will the UPCI loose 100 ….500….1000….

Or more….

Now, many men who favored the resolution realize that those leaving had promised to do so before the vote….

The leavers are only keeping promises….

I have not heard from any who regret voting No…

I have heard from many who regret voting Yes…

“If we had only known”, one said an hour ago….

Brethren it appears there will be a major exodus…..

Sadly all will suffer…

I have come to a new conclusion today…

We need a healer…

Blessed are the peacemakers….

The United Pentecostal Church Needs A Healer….

Brethren….

Some are saying the 2000 seat convention center in Tulsa will not be large enough…

What if such predictions are true and we see over 1000 UPCI credentialed men make some sort of commitment to leave….

The UPCI will suffer greatly….

If indeed unity is a mandate….

Then should not unity come from World Evangelism Center….

Indeed the United Pentecostal Church Needs A Healer….

General Superintendent Haney….

Lead the way to healing….

Go to Tulsa and tell the brethren you will lead the charge in reversing Tulsa’s decision….

Pastor Mangun….

Use your platform this year at Because of the Times to help heal the UPCI….

Without a healer….

We are divided and weakened….

Two organizations will never be united….

Rather both….

Untied….

Is there a voice….

Is there a man …..

Who can stand and serve as healer….

Somewhere within the UPCI is a man with a voice who is able to help bring healing….

Will the leadership come from WEC….

The General Superintendent….

The General Secretary….

Alexandria….

Indianapolis….

Home or Foreign Missions….

Indeed the UPCI must have a healer from within….

The healing will not come from those convening in Tulsa….

The course they choose was selected for them….

Brethren….

The United Pentecostal Church International Needs a Healer….

RKS

BoredOutOfMyMind 10-29-2007 08:58 PM

Great words, and those decrying fast action themselves help to reopen a wound that would partially heal given time.

Others will grant no time to heal these grievous wounds.

Nahum 10-29-2007 08:59 PM

It will never be reversed.

Never.

CC1 10-29-2007 09:01 PM

Very eloquent words but I think you are missing some very key points.

This "division" was not brought about by this resolution. The unhappiness of conservatives has been growing for some time. They have railed against the use of video in any capacity including image magnification at large events, the style of music, any synchronized motions associated with music, any lighting effects, etc.

The resolution may be fairly characterized as the "line in the sand" or for some "the straw that broke the camels back" but never the less the resolution itself only exposed this division that has been growing for years.

The positive outlook is that both groups should now find more unity. The conservatives are leaving to chart their own path with an org. that will surely preach against the evils of exposed elbows and toes and the moderate / libs left in the UPC can move forward in a biblical and unified manner fulfilling their view of carrying out the Great Commission.

BoredOutOfMyMind 10-29-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 286362)

Interesting you state "missing some key points" then you castigate the conservative side.

What of the Moderates who really had reservations about this ordeal prior also and feel now on a sinking island?

It needs a strong voice and there needs to be a healing for all involved.

Nahum 10-29-2007 09:04 PM

Hmm, Bro Smith thinks the only way healing can come is to capitulate to those who are leaving. Somehow that seems wrong to me.

Why not stay and work things out?

CC1 10-29-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Poster (Post 286354)
It will never be reversed.

Never.

Are we supposed to take the words of a preacher whose avatar is of himself baptizing a fish seriously?:hypercoffee

Nahum 10-29-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 286373)
Are we supposed to take the words of a preacher whose avatar is of himself baptizing a fish seriously?:hypercoffee

What can I say? I am a fundamentalist.:pirate

stmatthew 10-29-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 286362)

This "division" was not brought about by this resolution. The unhappiness of conservatives has been growing for some time. They have railed against the use of video in any capacity including image magnification at large events, the style of music, any synchronized motions associated with music, any lighting effects, etc.

The resolution may be fairly characterized as the "line in the sand" or for some "the straw that broke the camels back" but never the less the resolution itself only exposed this division that has been growing for years.

The positive outlook is that both groups should now find more unity. The conservatives are leaving to chart their own path with an org. that will surely preach against the evils of exposed elbows and toes and the moderate / libs left in the UPC can move forward in a biblical and unified manner fulfilling their view of carrying out the Great Commission.

You know, I have to do the Phil Jones here and question you skewed view on this. You paint the Conservatives as folks that are just preaching about elbows and toes, and then show the mod/libs as being the "biblical" ones, and the ones that are "going and carrying out the Great Commission". I for one think that you underestimate the role that many conservative churches have played in carrying the gospel into all the world. You post is very "one sided", and is in no way balanced.

I give you an :scorebad

CC1 10-29-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind (Post 286369)
Interesting you state "missing some key points" then you castigate the conservative side.

What of the Moderates who really had reservations about this ordeal prior also and feel now on a sinking island?

It needs a strong voice and there needs to be a healing for all involved.

Not only did I castigate the conservative side I also gave a falsley optimistic view of the UPC that is left! I do think this "shedding" process is a key first step though in the UPC moving away from the corporate legalism. It will just take another 15 or 20 years though to really see any movement I fear.

If it is any consolation I think the conservatives are absolutely right that res 4 opens up the door to other things. That is good from my perspective. I actually forsee a world where a UPC pastors wife won't react in horror when handed a grape or cherry chapstick as a potential purchase.