Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can/Should Christians Be Democrats? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53640)

Bro Flame 11-12-2019 12:29 PM

Can/Should Christians Be Democrats?

I know political conversations get sticky, but what you guys think?

Can Christians be Christians and be Democrats?

aegsm76 11-12-2019 12:31 PM

Re: Can/Should Christians Be Democrats?

My parents have been Democrats all of their lives.
While almost always voting Republican.
And they are Christian...

Scott Pitta 11-12-2019 12:39 PM

No political party can claim moral superiority. None of them are distinctly Christian. Both of the 2 parties has platform positions that Christians can embrace. Both parties have platform positions that make Christians frown.

There is no distinct American Christian political party.

Yes, I l know believers in both parties.

I have no political party preference.

n david 11-12-2019 02:43 PM

The Dems removed God from their party platform in 2016. They support, promote and encourage not just abortions, but also have began to support infanticide. They actively assault traditional families and religious beliefs. They're against school choice and promote government as the answer. They support illegal immigrants over legal citizens.

The GOP loves war, though the Dems are becoming more hawkish since Obama and Hillary.

Both parties support LGBT and love to spend your money.

I voted once for a Democrat Senator. But that was long ago when the Blue Dogs were still around. He was also very conservative and pro-life.

As for me and my house, I would never vote for a Dem today. They oppose literally everything we stand for.

coksiw 11-13-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1575190)
No political party can claim moral superiority. None of them are distinctly Christian. Both of the 2 parties has platform positions that Christians can embrace. Both parties have platform positions that make Christians frown.

There is no distinct American Christian political party.

Yes, I l know believers in both parties.

I have no political party preference.

Let the Christians vote for Dems and before you know it one day your kids will come home confused because her teacher told her that she can be a boy. Or worse, they may show up one day and take one of your kids because he showed what the teacher considered a sign of possible being a “girl inside” and knowing you are Christian, they think your kid is at risk of Parent abuse.
If you think this is fiction, I encourage you to read news from Europe and Canada about the topic.
If Dems have their way, this country would become worse than Europe and Canada regarding hostility against Christians and their values, because there is a lot of fanatism about the topic.
I am independent in my thinking of politics but I can’t vote Dems and their current vision for this country.

coksiw 11-13-2019 07:11 AM

Speaking about the topic:

https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA19K18&f=WU19K04

This is unreal, it is like this strong wing is debilitating slowly but surely this country. When I see this foolishness I honestly think we are headed to dark times and it is unstoppable; almost like if the protection containing it before is long gone.

Scott Pitta 11-13-2019 07:16 AM

Racism characterizes the GOP in Wisconsin. So does a anti science form of anti-intellectualism. The lust for war describes the GOP.

There are no parties that are distinctly Christian.

mfblume 11-13-2019 10:18 AM

I'm sure there are some Christians that are Democrats, but with their push for the gay agenda an abortion and stuff like that, I couldn't do it as a Christian.

And I'm Canadian to boot.

aegsm76 11-13-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pitta (Post 1575203)
Racism characterizes the GOP in Wisconsin. So does a anti science form of anti-intellectualism. The lust for war describes the GOP.

There are no parties that are distinctly Christian.

I know many Republicans in Wisconsin and not one of them is racist or anti-intellectual or lusting for war.

Now, tell us what describes the Dems, since you have no political preference.

Scott Pitta 11-13-2019 11:36 AM

I do not have a favorite party.

My observations about the GOP in WI are focused on lawmakers and the decisions made by the former administration, and the current decisions made by current GOP lawmakers.