Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Prepper's Patch (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Any Jesus Name Apostolic prepper familys out there (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45409)

easygo 12-24-2013 11:37 PM

Any Jesus Name Apostolic prepper familys out there

We are wanting to meet other Jesus Name apostolic family's who like remote living, or off grid living.
We raise our own, beef, pork, and can. Really simple life, and enjoy doing fun things as a family.
Milk cow, homemade cheese and hunting.
Would like help on solar and wind projects, or ideas.
Most people only feel safe in crowded citys with street lights, we prefer moon light and stars.
No light bill, Off grid
No water bill, solar well
Live in low over head state, land taxes are only 40 bucks per year.
Raise our own food.
Built our own house.
So all our money goes to toys, fun and Jesus. Not mortgages and credit card payments.
Only thing, no jones here to impress, just deer and elk and the mountains under the stars.

pastor RICK 12-25-2013 10:37 AM

Re: Any Jesus Name Apostolic prepper familys out t

wow i love the sound of that but can youm actually make it out to church from a place like that?i am definlitly jesus name apostolic. live in the country the solar thing has always been an interest to me . less bills more mobey sounds real good lol.

ILG 12-25-2013 11:36 AM

You need to find The Preppers Patch out here.

n david 12-25-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygo (Post 1294242)
We are wanting to meet other Jesus Name apostolic family's who like remote living, or off grid living.
We raise our own, beef, pork, and can. Really simple life, and enjoy doing fun things as a family.
Most people only feel safe in crowded citys with street lights, we prefer moon light and stars.
No light bill, Off grid
Raise our own food.
Built our own house.
So all our money goes to toys, fun and Jesus. Not mortgages and credit card payments.
Only thing, no jones here to impress, just deer and elk and the mountains under the stars.

That sounds amazing.

Roagiesgal 12-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygo (Post 1294242)
No light bill, Off grid
Raise our own food.
Built our own house.

Sounds like heaven on earth...my dream home when I was young! Many that post on this tread are preppers to some degree! Sadly we live in a very expensive state, God put us here so its ours till he moves us...we have no credit cards, and no mortgage (thanks to Jesus and our mom)...we live as simply as we can not being in the country. We do our best to be prepared for what ever may happen, for us its a matter also of very limited income, and age.

easygo 12-28-2013 11:48 PM

Well the best way to be safe is not so much prepper stuff as is, being away from large over populated masses of people. We once lived 140 miles north of Houston during hurricane Katrina happened. Even though we were 140 miles north of Houston, we had no gas, or food on shelves for weeks. All the gas stations on main hwy 45 got gas, but all the small towns where we were were totally out of gas for over 2 weeks.
We saw people and family's sleeping in gravel store parking lots with children. It was eye opening.
Funny thing us human beings, we feel safe in large citys riddled with crime, but would be scared to sleep in country without security light on for the coons and coyotes to see.
Who invented large citys?? God said go and replenish the earth, and the tower of babul he did not like. Im not saying citys are wrong, just funny how we get brain washed in what seems safe and what is not.

Ask yourself these questions??
1. In 10 years how old will you be? How old will your kids be?
2. In 10 years do you want to be where you are now?
3. Even if you live long enough ( 30 + yrs) to pay your house off, how much will the taxes be to keep it? ( 300+ per month for ever).
4. If your going to make a change or a move , would you rather do it at 35 to 40 years old, or would it be better to wait until your 60 years old, and kids have already been absorbed into the world and lost.

Funny how people like me, may be thought of as nutty for spending a few bucks on solar and wind, and real land for our family.

But think nothing of buying a 25k car every 2 to 3 years. In ten years they may spend 200k on cars, THAT DO RUST AND corrupt to nothing.

Im not trying to judge or put down anyone, just that sad people are not enjoying life and there children, they are just existing with mortgages so large, its a joke to ever thing you will live long enough to pay it off.

Sister Alvear 12-29-2013 07:16 AM

you are very wise...

ILG 12-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygo (Post 1294718)
Funny how people like me, may be thought of as nutty for spending a few bucks on solar and wind, and real land for our family.

But think nothing of buying a 25k car every 2 to 3 years. In ten years they may spend 200k on cars, THAT DO RUST AND corrupt to nothing.

Oh, you are so right. ;)

KeptByTheWord 12-30-2013 07:42 PM

It is our family's desire to live as much off the land as possible. We are currently working towards this goal as much as we can. We have looked into off-grid options in the past. There are many that we know who live in our area that live off grid. It is a hard life though! It is not for the faint of heart! There are many others who are semi off-grid, with backup systems with generators, solar systems etc, who have chickens, goats, large gardens, greenhouses, windmills and other natural resources to boost their independence.

It is our desire to live life simply, and enjoy the natural beauty God has supplied in the area we live in, and spend our time loving God and one another.

I think you hit a lot of great points that many people need to consider who are city dwellers.

renee819 01-08-2014 09:39 AM

Yes, I agree. I believe that every Christian should be looking forward to simplifying their life, instead of following the rat-race that is the standard of the world. It is more important to teach children, common sense as well as the love of God, than it is for them to be popular at school.
And if possible, Home School is the best.

Common sense, would include how to take care of themselves in an emergency. There will be so many people, that will not have a clue as to what to do, except to prey on those that do.

When I say, look forward, they may find the work harder, but working with the family they may find it to be the most enjoyable kind of life. But for those that have never lived this kind of life, they may need someone to guide them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord (Post 1294913)
It is our family's desire to live as much off the land as possible. We are currently working towards this goal as much as we can. We have looked into off-grid options in the past. There are many that we know who live in our area that live off grid. It is a hard life though! It is not for the faint of heart! There are many others who are semi off-grid, with backup systems with generators, solar systems etc, who have chickens, goats, large gardens, greenhouses, windmills and other natural resources to boost their independence.

It is our desire to live life simply, and enjoy the natural beauty God has supplied in the area we live in, and spend our time loving God and one another.

I think you hit a lot of great points that many people need to consider who are city dwellers.