Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cheerful giver. (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53131)

diakonos 02-09-2019 05:03 PM

Cheerful giver.

A question to non tithers. Do you give a percentage of your income to church offering? Do you set anything aside specifically for the pastor?

jediwill83 02-09-2019 06:01 PM

Re: Cheerful giver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1557908)

A question to non tithers. Do you give a percentage of your income to church offering? Do you set anything aside specifically for the pastor?

I try to be very deliberate in my giving...meaning I personally dont like the idea of setting a concrete percentage or amount.

Neither do I increase only when Im blessed and withhold during lean times.

I really try to just give as I see a need and give liberally at that.

The church we attend is debt free and they are VERY giving to local and foreign missions...we have had the opportunty to be a part of some cool projects.

I don't really worry about the pastor doing without.

God is supplying his needs according to Gods riches and as He does with me as well...those needs are supplied in many different ways.

If he made specific needs known or if we saw needs that he didnt even mention...of COURSE we'd give all we could to help.

How about you?

Whats your thoughts on the matter?

votivesoul 02-10-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Double no.

Tithesmeister 02-10-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

1. Uuhhmmmm no

2. And uhh no again

Did I pass?

JamesGlen 02-10-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1557970)
1. Uuhhmmmm no

2. And uhh no again

Did I pass?

Uhhhhhhhh

NO!
Hehe :)

diakonos 02-10-2019 02:50 PM

Do you guys support at all? ��

Tithesmeister 02-10-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1557984)

Do you guys support at all? ��

But, of course.

Esaias 02-10-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

I don't actually have what most would consider an "income". However, whenever we are blessed with a gain, increase, or income, we set aside portions for offerings. We give to those individuals, ministers, and churches we know. We do not keep track of percentages, we just give as we are able.

These offerings are different from alms, of course.

Whenever we visit a church, we always bring an offering unless we're flat broke. Again, I don't really track percentages.

diakonos 02-10-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1557992)
I don't actually have what most would consider an "income". However, whenever we are blessed with a gain, increase, or income, we set aside portions for offerings. We give to those individuals, ministers, and churches we know. We do not keep track of percentages, we just give as we are able.

These offerings are different from alms, of course.

Whenever we visit a church, we always bring an offering unless we're flat broke. Again, I don't really track percentages.

Thanks for your reply.

diakonos 03-06-2019 10:49 PM

In the current system... I don’t believe that the pastor should starve. But For some reason a tithe to the pastor (that’s who It goes to) and less toward the church seems backward. Just thinking out loud here.