Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Louisiana camp meeting (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53387)

hometown guy 06-11-2019 08:27 PM

Louisiana camp meeting

Interesting line up. Cody Marks preached last night and Jeff Arnold tonight. I didn’t hear Cody Marks but listened tonight on HGR. More out of curiosity lol.

consapente89 06-11-2019 09:09 PM

Re: Louisiana camp meeting

Wasn’t Elder Cavaness a speaker as well?

hometown guy 06-11-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1566166)
Wasn’t Elder Cavaness a speaker as well?

Really?! Wow even more interesting lol

Barb 06-11-2019 10:15 PM

I thought their camp meeting was in July...

hometown guy 06-11-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barb (Post 1566169)
I thought their camp meeting was in July...

This is Jerry Cox’s camp meeting.

MawMaw 06-12-2019 03:05 AM

This was Bro and Sis Cox's 50th Anniversary Church Campmeeting

Speakers were:

Jess Parker
Robert Cavaness
Jeff Dykes
Tony Spell
Joel Holmes
Larry Booker
Cody Marks
Jeff Arnold

Music:

Mark Yandris
Tim Spell
Larry Carter

Evang.Benincasa 06-12-2019 06:49 AM

Mark Yandris? Why did I always think he was a liberal, and a gossip?

consapente89 06-12-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1566178)

No. He's an ultra-con!

navygoat1998 06-12-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

My guess would be because he is a musician and he is comfortable associating himself with other worship musicians who are trinitarian.

n david 06-12-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Wasn't he on AFF at one time? Also, I thought there used to be a subforum on AFF for his "information."

MawMaw 06-12-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

LOL!! Not so!

Bro. Yandris is a great singer/musician!! :thumbsup

consapente89 06-12-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MawMaw (Post 1566193)
LOL!! Not so!

Bro. Yandris is a great singer/musician!! :thumbsup

He is talented.

consapente89 06-12-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1566191)
My guess would be because he is a musician and he is comfortable associating himself with other worship musicians who are trinitarian.

"worship musicians"?

also.... trinitarians can't worship.

diakonos 06-12-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1566188)
No. He's an ultra-con!

And a gossip.

navygoat1998 06-12-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1566196)
"worship musicians"?

also.... trinitarians can't worship.

:smack

BrainWashed 06-12-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometown guy (Post 1566164)
Interesting line up. Cody Marks preached last night and Jeff Arnold tonight. I didn’t hear Cody Marks but listened tonight on HGR. More out of curiosity lol.

I really like Jeff Arnold. I purchased one of his books 3 months ago. I haven't finished reading it, but he's answered so many questions. I was in service with him around two months ago. We have many similarities in thought processes...I never met a man I could say that about. lol

hometown guy 06-12-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainWashed (Post 1566204)
I really like Jeff Arnold. I purchased one of his books 3 months ago. I haven't finished reading it, but he's answered so many questions. I was in service with him around two months ago. We have many similarities in thought processes...I never met a man I could say that about. lol

He mention he preached in Whittier recently. He is pretty crude sounding when he preaches but to each his own.

CC1 06-12-2019 04:35 PM

The thread title was a little misleading as most probably thnk Louisiana Campmeeting meant the Louisisana District UPC Campmeeting not the Jerry Cox Faith Taberacle campmeeting. I did a double take at first because I knew the UPC campmeeting is always around the July 4th timeframe.

Regarding this campmeeting in addition to the speakers listed Mark Yandris is part of the music portion. Mark is a former participant of AFF.

BrainWashed 06-13-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometown guy (Post 1566216)
He mention he preached in Whittier recently. He is pretty crude sounding when he preaches but to each his own.

I love that he's unique in his way. He tells it like it is and doesn't care what others think. The man does have supernatural signs following him, so when know he's used of god.

diakonos 06-13-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometown guy (Post 1566216)

It’s his personality. The first time I heard him I could not believe the things he was saying. Glad I stayed til the end. He’s actually kinda funny.

hometown guy 06-13-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diakonos (Post 1566246)
It’s his personality. The first time I heard him I could not believe the things he was saying. Glad I stayed til the end. He’s actually kinda funny.

True I actually enjoyed the message and he had lots of good thoughts ( lol he was kind of all over the place ). Just a little abrasive and almost crude but like you said more personality.

n david 06-13-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC1 (Post 1566217)
The thread title was a little misleading as most probably thnk Louisiana Campmeeting meant the Louisisana District UPC Campmeeting not the Jerry Cox Faith Taberacle campmeeting. I did a double take at first because I knew the UPC campmeeting is always around the July 4th timeframe.

Regarding this campmeeting in addition to the speakers listed Mark Yandris is part of the music portion. Mark is a former participant of AFF.

I thought it was the UPC Campmeeting too. :nod

TakingDominion 06-22-2019 08:05 PM

Anybody listen on HGR the last night of camp meeting over in Baton Rouge at Spells church? Rick Mayo was phenomenal!

MawMaw 06-23-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakingDominion (Post 1566789)
Anybody listen on HGR the last night of camp meeting over in Baton Rouge at Spells church? Rick Mayo was phenomenal!

yes, I did! and a couple of Bro. Floyd Odom's messages during the day!! My Pastor and several from my church got to attend! He said it was an incredible camp meeting. This was camp meeting for the South Central Region of WPF! Pastor said there was well over 1500 people in that church at night services! :)

TakingDominion 06-23-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MawMaw (Post 1566848)
yes, I did! and a couple of Bro. Floyd Odom's messages during the day!! My Pastor and several from my church got to attend! He said it was an incredible camp meeting. This was camp meeting for the South Central Region of WPF! Pastor said there was well over 1500 people in that church at night services! :)

It was packed, but I'm not sure how many people the church holds. They had to put chairs out Friday night