Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Political Talk (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Trump Unchained (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53750)

n david 02-12-2020 09:05 AM

Trump Unchained

Since being acquitted, Trump dismissed both Vinland brothers who worked in the NSC at the WH, and also dismissed Amb. to EU Sonland. That alone caused a lot of heads to explode, even though he was absolutely correct to dismiss them. Honestly he should have dismissed them months ago.

Yesterday, it was reported that 4 US Attorney's in DC (part of Mueller's team) resigned in protest after the DOJ pulled their recommended sentencing for Roger Stone. These four wanted nearly 10 years in prison for a man accused of perjury and obstruction. DOJ said that was excessive and recommends 3-4 years.

Also yesterday, there was a passing mention that Trump pulled US Attorney for DC Jessie Liu's nomination for the Treasury Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes division.

She was the one who oversaw many of the investigations into Manafort, Stone, Flynn and others involved in the Russia hoax.

In December, she stepped down after Trump announced his intention to nominate her to the position with the Treasury Dept. She was planning on remaining in the position until she was confirmed, but last month was replaced by Timothy Shea, one of AG Barr's advisors.

Yesterday, Trump pulled the nomination.

Pelosi stated that Trump engaged in "political interference" by tweeting that the sentencing recommendation for Stone was excessive and wrong. Hope she tries to file more articles of impeachment against him.

Can't wait to see what happens after Trump is re-elected in November.

consapente89 02-12-2020 09:09 AM

Re: Trump Unchained

Who was the Never Trumper on here again????

n david 02-12-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1580238)
Who was the Never Trumper on here again????

:waving

During the primary and leading up to the general election, I was against Trump as POTUS. I voted for Cruz in the primary. Even had a couple admin warnings as a result of arguments with Originalist.

Clearly, Originalist was right and I was wrong.

Trump has had an incredible first term and instead of voting against the Democrat candidate, I will be voting for Trump in November.

consapente89 02-12-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1580239)

During the primary and leading up to the general election, I was against Trump as POTUS. I voted for Cruz in the primary. Even had a couple admin warnings as a result of arguments with Originalist.

Trump has had an incredible first term and instead of voting against the Democrat candidate, I will be voting for Trump in November.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

I voted for Cruz as well.

Originalist 02-12-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1580239)

I've been wrong about too many things in my life to gloat about being right about Trump, my friend. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Trump was my stopped clock moment. I just got lucky.

n david 02-12-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1580242)
I've been wrong about too many things in my life to gloat about being right about Trump, my friend. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Trump was my stopped clock moment. I just got lucky.

You and Ann Coulter called it. Unfortunately Ann weirdly went anti-Trump.

I'm just wondering who the candidate will be in 2024. After Trump, you can't go back to the normal, establishment type who measure everything by polls and public opinion. You need a guy like Trump who's a bit crazy but has a plan and does what he says he'll do.

I don't believe Nikki Haley is it.

n david 02-12-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consapente89 (Post 1580240)
I voted for Cruz as well.

Kudos to Cruz. He has more reason than Romney to hold a grudge against Trump, yet in the impeachment trial Cruz was one of Trump's most vocal defenders and supporters.

Originalist 02-12-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1580246)
You and Ann Coulter called it. Unfortunately Ann weirdly went anti-Trump.

I'm just wondering who the candidate will be in 2024. After Trump, you can't go back to the normal, establishment type who measure everything by polls and public opinion. You need a guy like Trump who's a bit crazy but has a plan and does what he says he'll do.

I don't believe Nikki Haley is it.

Watch Mississippi Secretary of State, Michael Watson.

Esaias 02-13-2020 12:24 AM

Yay we got the wall, immigration has been curbed and illegals are being deported, Hillary is in jail, we quit bombing foreign countries we aren't at war with...

Oh, wait... No we got some tax cuts (always good) and massive more debt, 20-30 trillion missing and unaccounted for, communists rioting in the streets, communists in the democratic party talking about burning cities and sending republicans to gulags.... Trust the Plan, I guess? Indictments coming down any moment...

MawMaw 02-13-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1580248)
Watch Mississippi Secretary of State, Michael Watson.

Interesting.