Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF News (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   PEAK first WPF Youth Conference (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17780)

Consapostolic1 08-14-2008 03:21 PM

PEAK first WPF Youth Conference

The PEAK youth conference sponsored by the Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship kicked off last night. Friends told me there was probably around 1,000 young people there last night(8/13/08) with more to be expected including myself. I'll update when I return.
Evening Speaker: Evg. Cody Marks
Daytime Sperker: Rev. Jason Calhoun

Tim Rutledge 08-14-2008 04:47 PM

Re: PEAK first WPF Youth Conference

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 (Post 565498)
The PEAK youth conference sponsored by the Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship kicked off last night. Friends told me there was probably around 1,000 young people there last night(8/13/08) with more to be expected including myself. I'll update when I return.

My Pastor is there, and is a large part of organizing this event.

Melody 08-17-2008 12:52 PM

Awesome event!

WTG WPF for promoting this event.

ChurchMouse 08-18-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 (Post 565498)

Waiting on the update, about 80 of our youthh went and can't wait till next year, said it was awesome !!!:TulsaROCKS::bliss

Consapostolic1 08-18-2008 07:46 PM

Wow...Talk about incredible. This was by far the best conference I've ever attended. Everything was on point at this conference from the music, message, fellowship and much more. I definitely have a lot of respect for the vision of the elders that put this conference together. From what it looked like to me on Friday night there was probably about 2000 people in attendence.

ChurchMouse 08-18-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 (Post 569425)
Wow...Talk about incredible. This was by far the best conference I've ever attended. Everything was on point at this conference from the music, message, fellowship and much more. I definitely have a lot of respect for the vision of the elders that put this conference together. From what it looked like to me on Friday night there was probably about 2000 people in attendence.

That is great !!!! And people say our young people want the blacklights and smoke filled youth services, no, I beg to differ, they are hungry for the truth.... Thank God for the WPF

Consapostolic1 08-18-2008 07:50 PM

Next year I'm pretty sure they'll have to move the conference to a larger facility.

Consapostolic1 08-18-2008 07:54 PM

Cody Marks made the statement that we're tired of hearing about the old time pentecostal stories of miracles, signs and wonders, but that we want our own stories to tell. The place erupted with such worship and praise.

ChurchMouse 08-18-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 (Post 569439)
Next year I'm pretty sure they'll have to move the conference to a larger facility.

I believe it will continue to grow, and your probably right, they'll have to get a bigger building, that'll be great too.

Consapostolic1 08-18-2008 08:36 PM

I can't even do this meeting justice with my explaination. I apologize for not being able to describe into detail the way the conference went.

SecretWarrior 08-19-2008 04:23 AM

The Western District also had one of the greatest camps they have ever had, the Spirit of God moved Greatly and there was a Freedom there that had not been enjoyed in the past..

tv1a 08-19-2008 04:24 AM

I think the miracle is having more people show up to a wpf youth evnt than showed up at the tulsa tango. Since no video is allowed, validating exaggerated numbers are out of the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 (Post 569444)
Cody Marks made the statement that we're tired of hearing about the old time pentecostal stories of miracles, signs and wonders, but that we want our own stories to tell. The place erupted with such worship and praise.

tv1a 08-19-2008 04:27 AM

Not as much dissention. lol Good to hear the western district

An estimated 70,000 kids gathered in Washington DC to pray for God to stop abortion. Better than light a candle than curse the darkness. A candle was lit in Washington DC for the next generation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretWarrior (Post 569713)
The Western District also had one of the greatest camps they have ever had, the Spirit of God moved Greatly and there was a Freedom there that had not been enjoyed in the past..

theoldpaths 08-19-2008 06:15 PM

A group of young people from our church went and the report that came back was that it was a life-changing event - not the cliche "life-changing", but a literal "life-changing" event.

How is that for a good report and not an evil report?

ItalianApo 08-20-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoldpaths (Post 570417)
A group of young people from our church went and the report that came back was that it was a life-changing event - not the cliche "life-changing", but a literal "life-changing" event.

How is that for a good report and not an evil report?

It was indeed THE life changing event for me!!! I was backslidden in my heart & was trying to get back to the place where i used to be. Every service i would reach out to God, but still i wouldn't let go of the things i had done. I didn't want to go to PEAK because i thought it would be just like all the other conferences we went to...stirred & hyped up but not changed. No different than when you got there. Boy was i WRONG! I have never felt the power of God so strong & believe me i have had my awesome experiences in the high places of God! No gimmicks there, just the indescribable love of our Savior! I am 19 years old & i wouldn't trade that for the world! Talk about me & say i'm narrow minded, but "narrow is the way" to get to heaven!

ALL of our young people were changed. We went back home & had testimony service the next day (Sunday night). It was phenomenal...EVERY young person had the anointing & authority of God as they gave their testimony. As a result, 6 people were baptized!!! No preaching, fog, or strobe lights-just young people with the fire of God & a burning desire to reach the lost! We're ready for revival...LET'S GO!!!!

Sunni 08-20-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianApo (Post 571168)
It was indeed THE life changing event for me!!! I was backslidden in my heart & was trying to get back to the place where i used to be. Every service i would reach out to God, but still i wouldn't let go of the things i had done. I didn't want to go to PEAK because i thought it would be just like all the other conferences we went to...stirred & hyped up but not changed. No different than when you got there. Boy was i WRONG! I have never felt the power of God so strong & believe me i have had my awesome experiences in the high places of God! No gimmicks there, just the indescribable love of our Savior! I am 19 years old & i wouldn't trade that for the world! Talk about me & say i'm narrow minded, but "narrow is the way" to get to heaven!

ALL of our young people were changed. We went back home & had testimony service the next day (Sunday night). It was phenomenal...EVERY young person had the anointing & authority of God as they gave their testimony. As a result, 6 people were baptized!!! No preaching, fog, or strobe lights-just young people with the fire of God & a burning desire to reach the lost! We're ready for revival...LET'S GO!!!!

I don't post much here, but wanted to say how wonderful it was to see this great report. We took our youth, and all of us are still soarin'! I have been in Pentecost my entire life...I have never been in services soooo powerful- EVER!! We took our youth, and their lives were changed. They have not stopped talking to us about it! We love it!

Something happened with our youth at PEAK that was not emotionalism, or a momentary high- but truly an anointing and power was placed in their lives- as well as mine. I cannot say enough how great this conference was!!

Naysayers can talk...we are just gonna' keep keepin' on until Jesus comes. Some don't understand the WPF or agree- that is fine. But one thing is true- we had some church in Tulsa! I hope that UPC, WPF, ALJC or anyone else will not try to diminish to these young people the move of God that they experienced. This is not about organizations or politics, this was a lot of young people who gathered together in worship and praise- and God answered! Please, just let them rejoice in this!

We love the truth and we love all our brothers and sisters that are teaching and preaching truth- no matter what card they hold!

Oh, and we can't wait until PEAK next year!!!

Jack Shephard 08-20-2008 04:21 PM

I am certainly not a part of the WPF, certainly not, but it is great to hear that they have changed hearts and lives. We can all argue over this and that lights and fog versus no lights and fog, who cares. I ask are people changed in a service with lights a fog, yes! Are people changed in a service with no fog and lights, yes! Then good. Who give a flying fig that Peak did or didn't have lights. People got changed and that is the key. It trips me out that you all in this thread would bring up the light situation. Honestly no one cares if you all have flashin lights or whatever at Peak, I do care that kids were changed. That is the bright spot!

Minister_WD 08-20-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTULLOCK (Post 571302)
I am certainly not a part of the WPF, certainly not, but it is great to hear that they have changed hearts and lives. We can all argue over this and that lights and fog versus no lights and fog, who cares. I ask are people changed in a service with lights a fog, yes! Are people changed in a service with no fog and lights, yes! Then good. Who give a flying fig that Peak did or didn't have lights. People got changed and that is the key. It trips me out that you all in this thread would bring up the light situation. Honestly no one cares if you all have flashin lights or whatever at Peak, I do care that kids were changed. That is the bright spot!

Great Post! I too am perplexed why all the WPF folks are bringing up the lighting situation. Not only I am seeing this mentioned on this forum, but on various WPF member blogs as well. The only way it can be taken is as a slight against the UPC youth conferences.

While I am rejoicing with the WPF folks that many hearts and lives were touched and changed at PEAK, the same is true for the UPC events. At the Western District youth convention this past March, there were lights and many hearts and lives were touched and changed as well.

Sunni 08-20-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTULLOCK (Post 571302)

Thank you for being thrilled with the kids. We did not all, however, bring up the lights and fogs...one 19 year old poster did. You were a bit mistaken- just wanted to clear that up!

Furthermore, I am a WPF Minister's wife...I don't have a problem with light and fog. I believe in the right place and setting, it is great for youth ministry....

I am truly excited every service when our young people experience God...we were all just excited about PEAK this week....

GOD BLESS!

theoldpaths 08-20-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianApo (Post 571168)

What an awesome testimony and thank you for not being quiet.

Sounds like someone was REVIVED and not by emotional motivational gimmicks that just get you pumped for a short period of time, but does not last; but rather something based on a relationship with the Almighty!

Glory to God!

Tim Rutledge 08-20-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister_WD (Post 571367)
Great Post! I too am perplexed why all the WPF folks are bringing up the lighting situation. Not only I am seeing this mentioned on this forum, but on various WPF member blogs as well. The only way it can be taken is as a slight against the UPC youth conferences.

While I am rejoicing with the WPF folks that many hearts and lives were touched and changed at PEAK, the same is true for the UPC events. At the Western District youth convention this past March, there were lights and many hearts and lives were touched and changed as well.

We all have a right to voice our concerns. And we have a right to call things wrong when we percieve it as such. Fog machines and strobe lights DO NOT Belong in the Sanctuary. When the upci youth conferences started using them, was when a lot of churches started teaching and preaching against them. Get over it. The WPF is not going away and will continue naming the sins and the weights which can so easily beset us.

The posts that you are responding to are from young people who had a great experience at a conference. Lets just focus on that. No hard feelings, but everybody bashes the WPF on here, and I am done tolerating it.

Cindy 08-20-2008 06:46 PM

Praise the Lord for great reports of changed lives.

Consapostolic1 08-20-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Rutledge (Post 571505)
We all have a right to voice our concerns. And we have a right to call things wrong when we percieve it as such. Fog machines and strobe lights DO NOT Belong in the Sanctuary. When the upci youth conferences started using them, was when a lot of churches started teaching and preaching against them. Get over it. The WPF is not going away and will continue naming the sins and the weights which can so easily beset us.

The posts that you are responding to are from young people who had a great experience at a conference. Lets just focus on that. No hard feelings, but everybody bashes the WPF on here, and I am done tolerating it.

Great points you addressed here.

Jack Shephard 08-21-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunni (Post 571375)
Thank you for being thrilled with the kids. We did not all, however, bring up the lights and fogs...one 19 year old poster did. You were a bit mistaken- just wanted to clear that up!

Furthermore, I am a WPF Minister's wife...I don't have a problem with light and fog. I believe in the right place and setting, it is great for youth ministry....

I am truly excited every service when our young people experience God...we were all just excited about PEAK this week....

GOD BLESS!

You are welcome!

I saw on this thread to what I believed is a WPF member talk about not needing crazy lights and such. That is what I was speaking too, not specifically you. NO harm intended and I hope NO harm was taken. Apologies.

The thrust of my post was to make a point that while God changed lives and such-which is a GREAT thing-I felt that was being over-shadowed by the talk of lights and fog. I am certainly for fog and lights, as you said, in the proper settings. If the church does not appeal to the youth of today it can make our job tougher. No length should be spared in reaching the lost, NONE!

Keep up the good work there. I believe God gives us all the ability to put our friends and family into a great place to be touched by His hand-whether you are Ultra Con or Ultra Lib so long as you have a heart and a desire for Jesus. Again, keep up the good work.

ItalianApo 08-21-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister_WD (Post 571367)

I never said the fog & lights were wrong, just that God can move in a youth conference without them. I am not bashing the UPC because my church is still UPC! But I am not defined by an organization, just by my walk with God. I have experienced MANY great conferences in the UPC so i am not downplaying the organization at all...God is still doing a great work in alot of the churches! I'm sorry if my comments were taken the wrong way!

Jack Shephard 08-21-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

You certainly have you right to point out what you believe to be wrong as do we. I personally believe there is NO issue with lights and fog and such being sin. For goodness sake if the 'world' does something that don't the church can't do some of it. If your arguement is that the bars and clubs have the lights and fog then by all means a church should NEVER use music, never have carpet or hardwood floors anywhere. They should not have walls, roofs, etc. There is NOTHING in the scripture that tells us that these lights and fog machines are sin.

Also if you are trying to quote scripture with the underlined portion remember that it is the 'the sin(no plurality) that so easily besets us.' Lights and Fog machines are not sin not matter how you slice it.

PS. no harm intended in this post.

Kutless 08-21-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

This is silly

Sister Alvear 08-21-2008 08:32 AM

I think God speaks to people in many different ways...Paul the great evangelist and There are too many babies in Pentecost if things are not done their way they pout. It is time we mature and reach the world for Jesus...If lights turn you off...try something else.

Politics turn me off...but some churches thrive on it. We all have something that turns us off. However if I happen to be at a church where they are making their speechs or whatever I don´t go into pout mode...

Sister Alvear 08-21-2008 08:36 AM

WWF, UPC, ALJC, AMF or whatever are ALL man made...God had nothing to do with making any of them...
They are just organizations like the CIA,FBI or whatever...
I see none of them as God´s present to the world. They are generally a means of like minded people putting their efforts together for a cause...
Jesus Christ and His grace and Mercy are God´s gift to a lost world...see that we exalt HIM and HIM alone.

theoldpaths 08-21-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Alvear (Post 571840)
WWF, UPC, ALJC, AMF or whatever are ALL man made...God had nothing to do with making any of them...
They are just organizations like the CIA,FBI or whatever...
I see none of them as Godīs present to the world. They are generally a means of like minded people putting their efforts together for a cause...
Jesus Christ and His grace and Mercy are Godīs gift to a lost world...see that we exalt HIM and HIM alone.

Quote:

God had nothing to do with making any of them
Wow - a very bold statement indeed. Are you 100% sure that God had absolutely nothing to do with them coming together? How much have you read on the history of these organizations being created?

Quote:

They are just organizations like the CIA,FBI or whatever
They are not "just" organizations - they are organizations created for a divinely spiritual purpose - to preach Jesus and his word and to spread the gospel to the world. Therefore there is a BIG difference b/n apostolic holiness organizations and secular organizations that have absolutely nothing to do with the apostolic message.

Are you anti-organizational?

He is indeed worthy.

There is scripture though for giving honor to men...

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.

1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

God bless.

RandyWayne 08-21-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoldpaths (Post 572349)
Wow - a very bold statement indeed. Are you 100% sure that God had absolutely nothing to do with them coming together? How much have you read on the history of these organizations being created?

They are not "just" organizations - they are organizations created for a divinely spiritual purpose - to preach Jesus and his word and to spread the gospel to the world. Therefore there is a BIG difference b/n apostolic holiness organizations and secular organizations that have absolutely nothing to do with the apostolic message.

Are you anti-organizational?

He is indeed worthy.

There is scripture though for giving honor to men...

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.

1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

God bless.

Your scripture is meaningless in trying to prove YOUR point. All it proves is that God honors man-made organizations!

"Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor."

This verse can apply just as well to the elected president of our current 4-H chapter.

Sister Alvear 08-21-2008 10:35 PM

I still don´t think GOD had anything to do with it in the sense that it is His plan for there to be a UPC or WWF..It is God`s plan that there be a church. He left no organization He left a plan for a church...a body of believers.

Sister Alvear 08-21-2008 10:36 PM

Please understand I am not saying you can or cannot belong I am just saying I see the Bible teaching a body of believers...

Sister Alvear 08-21-2008 10:37 PM

and I am not trying to fuss with you OP...that is just my opinion.

Sept5SavedTeen 08-21-2008 11:25 PM

Woo-hoo, Sis. A. speaking with some boldness! Good to see a like minded sister, I'll have to visit you all in Brazil some day, my pastor is going to Brazil this September. Another inde... I mean, apostolic believer (notice the Bible didn't tell us to be "independents" that's just the label given to those of us who don't join the orgs that also aren't authorized by the Word)!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex

tv1a 08-22-2008 04:51 AM

Looks like you would have had a problem with the worship at the Temple. Solomon brought out the heavy artillery at the temple dedication. If lights and smoke were available back then he would have used it.

Quote:

Sister Alvear 08-22-2008 09:12 AM

I know of no independents in Brazil except Brazilian groups. If Americans are involved they usually belong to something. I am not against the UPC but that does not mean I am for or against any Organization.
I am not a political person...and in 40 years of ministry I have yet to see an organization that does not have politics of some kind.

TCSQ 08-22-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Alvear (Post 572490)
I still don´t think GOD had anything to do with it in the sense that it is His plan for there to be a UPC or WWF..It is God`s plan that there be a church. He left no organization He left a plan for a church...a body of believers.

Hmmmm, so what will you call this new religion of yours.....this "Body of Believers"? Christians? Can we DO that? Is it ALLOWED????

TCSQ 08-22-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tv1a (Post 572630)
Looks like you would have had a problem with the worship at the Temple. Solomon brought out the heavy artillery at the temple dedication. If lights and smoke were available back then he would have used it.

I think that is just the point! He did NOT (you think they didnt have lights and smoke???) No what was so glorious about the dedication of the temple was not MAN MADE lights and smoke, but the SUPERNATURAL move and manifestation of the Holy Ghost! What many lament in regard to this whole theme is often poorly articulated but I would say they really discern and in many cases it is more than evident, that the next generation of pentecost is receiving a high tech (read strobe lights, smoke machines, disco ball) man made substitute for a genuine move of God. it would be better addressed in asking WHY so many saints of God DO feel troubled by these things. I dont feel they have stated their case very well, and it DOES appear that the many times they mention the move into technology it appears as though technology scares them when nothing could be farther from the truth. What scares them is a generation of Pentecostal young people who in more and more areas have NEVER had a dream from the Lord, NEVER been used in Tongues and Interpretation , Prophesy, a word of knowledge or wisdom, etc etc. Now WHOSE fault that is would be a MOST interesting subject for discussion I think that THEY might be MOST surprised at the outcome.

But the above post demonstrates exactly what they are afraid of, expressions of how man made technology would be used and NO mention or intimation that the most important part of that whole story alluded to was the Shekinah Glory that came down (And that we are still speaking about over two thousand years later!) not man made manufactured substitues for it.

revrandy 08-22-2008 01:43 PM

This whole premise of calling lights....fog...and other sundry items is almost laughable....

I have been in one of the church's of the leadership/pioneer of the WPF...they use the Stick Ministry...Deaf Praise and Drama...and video....with lights...Fog....and everything else.....just like the other churches....

I don't see you criticizing them????

The point is you are either echoing somebody's pulpit or just a complainer.... either of the two would probably fit....

I for one am glad they had a tremendous time in Tulsa.... that is great.....

I am also glad for churches who use unorthodox methods to win other young people to the Lord...and give their young people a chance to express themselves!!....

Some of you guys should preach overseas on the Islands and watch the Kids dance and worship with their whistles.... and come in the sanctuary... it is absolutely beautiful...but I know if you stayed any length of time they would come to know HOW undodly they are and buy a suit, put on a tie so they could fit in....