Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charismatics (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54363)

mont.preterist 01-18-2021 04:48 AM

False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charismatics

Oh they are at it again.

In a major Texas area, where a certain general superintendent used to pastor, they are making very specific proclamations and prophecies that Jesus is getting ready to come back any day now.

The pastors of churches in that area have banded together and in that area there are THOUSANDS of supposedly oneness pentecostals involved total.

Almost every service there are tongues and interpretations and words of prophecy going out that go similar to this.

"Yeah, get ready, I am coming sooooooon!", or "The end is here, I am getting ready to come in the clouds!"

Now, I do have a problem with this as it feels like 1988. Some of you youngsters weren't around then but let me tell you, false prophecies were running rampant. Large churches of the underprivileged children were being deceived and were prophesying that it was the end, T and I were going out in every service, people were running out and getting in debt because Jesus was coming in September and they weren't going to have to pay back what they were borrowing... feels like it again!

The problem with believing in a pretrib rapture is what we are seeing! The error of this breeds false prophecies and false T and I!!!

What are they going to do when NOTHING happens? When there is not rapture and when their false prophecies go belly up?

This happened in 88 and 89! There were many people then that made bad decisions based upon bad estachology and bad teachings on prophecy and quit church!

We want to hold the false prophets accountable in the charismatic world but what about the false prophets in the oneness pentecostal world? Who is holding them accountable?

Is there going to be a mass exodus out of those churches? We saw people lose out in 88 and 89, y2k, 2001, and etc and etc! Where is the outcry over the false prophets now?

Originalist 01-18-2021 06:11 AM

Re: False Prophecies Everywhere, not just Charisma

While I was wrong on Trump losing Ohio, and voter turnout for Trump, I was clearly right about election fraud being the deciding factor in this election. But I never claimed to be prophesying. I just know the Democrats, that's all.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=54144

Michael The Disciple 01-18-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mont.preterist (Post 1600296)
Oh they are at it again.

In a major Texas area, where a certain general superintendent used to pastor, they are making very specific proclamations and prophecies that Jesus is getting ready to come back any day now.

The pastors of churches in that area have banded together and in that area there are THOUSANDS of supposedly oneness pentecostals involved total.

Almost every service there are tongues and interpretations and words of prophecy going out that go similar to this.

"Yeah, get ready, I am coming sooooooon!", or "The end is here, I am getting ready to come in the clouds!"

Now, I do have a problem with this as it feels like 1988. Some of you youngsters weren't around then but let me tell you, false prophecies were running rampant. Large churches of the underprivileged children were being deceived and were prophesying that it was the end, T and I were going out in every service, people were running out and getting in debt because Jesus was coming in September and they weren't going to have to pay back what they were borrowing... feels like it again!

The problem with believing in a pretrib rapture is what we are seeing! The error of this breeds false prophecies and false T and I!!!

What are they going to do when NOTHING happens? When there is not rapture and when their false prophecies go belly up?

This happened in 88 and 89! There were many people then that made bad decisions based upon bad estachology and bad teachings on prophecy and quit church!

We want to hold the false prophets accountable in the charismatic world but what about the false prophets in the oneness pentecostal world? Who is holding them accountable?

Is there going to be a mass exodus out of those churches? We saw people lose out in 88 and 89, y2k, 2001, and etc and etc! Where is the outcry over the false prophets now?

Can you verify about the Oneness people making these prophecies? Or are we talking from hearsay? Any particular leader among Oneness leading the charge?

coksiw 01-18-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Oh they are at it again.

Did they say a specific date? If not then you are falsely accusing them.
The expectation of the coming of the Lord, and getting even more excited about it when days turn black is normal, and it is biblical.

1 Peter 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

You are the one in error. You are the false prophet.

TJJJ 01-18-2021 07:48 AM

:paranoid

Truthseeker 01-18-2021 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:bliss

aegsm76 01-18-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Oh they are at it again.

Hmmm. Have not heard that.
Do you have specific times/dates for when these events happened?
Just went and looked at their livestream from Sunday and it looked like an "ordinary" service.

mont.preterist 01-19-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1600299)
Can you verify about the Oneness people making these prophecies? Or are we talking from hearsay? Any particular leader among Oneness leading the charge?

Got family among them, getting calls from people in the churches.

Waiting on recordings....

No names, don't want to get banned.

mont.preterist 01-19-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1600300)
Did they say a specific date? If not then you are falsely accusing them.
The expectation of the coming of the Lord, and getting even more excited about it when days turn black is normal, and it is biblical.

1 Peter 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

You are the one in error. You are the false prophet.

No, you are the one wrong. You are the false prophet.

The first century church looked for it soon because it was getting ready to happen soon. Like in 70 AD soon. Not 2000 years and counting.

But one good thing about that false doctrine, I don't have to listen to it because it is going to be another 2000 years on their reckoning.

Originalist 01-19-2021 08:33 AM

Still waiting on Trump to address the nation on the Emergency Broadcast System.