Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Miracle at Impact Conference (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=36274)

soldoutochrist 07-29-2011 10:30 AM

Miracle at Impact Conference

Scrolling through my Facebook news feed this morning, it was filled with updates such as these:

-Bro jeff Arnold just literally died on the altar after preaching Impact Conference. Then he was raised up and ran across the platform! 3-4 nurses confirmed he had no pulse! I seen the man! He was dead! The emts arrived and chked him and everything was normal!

-He preached on signs miracles and wonders last night at impact, fainted, nurse confirmed him dead, no pulse, and church prayed he got up shouted...

-Yes, it was at the Impact Conference last night. It was an awesome service where he preached then afterwards during the altar service was when it happened. I was watching on internet, but they stopped the internet before it all happened. But I spoke with someone that was there and she said there were RN's and a Nurse Practioner there and they couldn't find a pulse. 911 was called. Prayer was being made. He was dead but God raised him!

-Bro. Arnold's opening line was "God told me: If you can convince my people, i will confirm my word"

Although I don't know him personally, he is a reputable pastor in the Florida District and I think that this is pretty incredible.

Orthodoxy 07-29-2011 10:39 AM

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

I heard something about this too on my FB home page.

acerrak 07-29-2011 10:41 AM

I like Jeff His is a big advocate of miracles and he is also a preacher who will work with those out side the upci.

He is a amazing man, and i like to hear him preach. I have not heard of this yet but i gurantee time sunday comes it will be preached or something stated about it during the sermon

however i currently cant find anything on the topic doing general searches.

deltaguitar 07-29-2011 10:46 AM

I have heard about this. I was at a rangers game last night with some old friends from my UPC church. Her sister was there and witnessed the whole thing.

I wonder why God would let him die just to heal him. Hmmm, . . .

I also heard he said before he died or passed out, that God told him, "if you convince them, I will confirm it".

I used to like Jeff Arnold when I was UPC because he seem to take the UPC to task for a lot of stuff that was true.

I don't think he really died though. Sometimes people want a miracle so bad to validate their beliefs that they will believe anything. I am not saying he isn't sincere but there is a lot of emotionalism and frenzy that happens and people can get caught up in it.

deltaguitar 07-29-2011 10:51 AM

BTW, there was a little girl healed of brain cancer after the elders at our church prayed for her. But because it is a baptist church none of my pentecostal family believes it.

Orthodoxy 07-29-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaguitar (Post 1084895)
I have heard about this. I was at a rangers game last night with some old friends from my UPC church. Her sister was there and witnessed the whole thing.

I wonder why God would let him die just to heal him. Hmmm, . . .

I also heard he said before he died or passed out, that God told him, "if you convince them, I will confirm it".

I used to like Jeff Arnold when I was UPC because he seem to take the UPC to task for a lot of stuff that was true.

I don't think he really died though. Sometimes people want a miracle so bad to validate their beliefs that they will believe anything. I am not saying he isn't sincere but there is a lot of emotionalism and frenzy that happens and people can get caught up in it.

Delta, I agree that we need to be very careful not to believe everything we hear. But I also don't think we should go the other extreme and immediately discount every miracle we hear about.

God could have allowed Bro. Arnold to die, so that he would be healed, and then God would get the glory. Although the UPCI may not have all their doctrine right, God is still pleased to perform miracles in their midst. It seems that those who see the most miracles are those who are the most hungry for miracles.

Hoovie 07-29-2011 10:54 AM

Don't intend to throw cold water on anything... But :)

Nurses and EMTs do not pronounce or confirm people dead in cases like this.

SOPs when witnessing someone going down is to ensure an open airway, check for breathing, check for pulse, proceed to CPR. In my experience CPR is administered no less than 15 minutes or so but most likely longer, most often until the patient is in the hospital and and doctor orders discontinuation.

IMO, the medics and nurses present did not do their job if they did not immediately check Airway, breathing, circulation followed by CPR.

Orthodoxy 07-29-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaguitar (Post 1084896)
BTW, there was a little girl healed of brain cancer after the elders at our church prayed for her. But because it is a baptist church none of my pentecostal family believes it.

:thumbsup

Hoovie 07-29-2011 10:58 AM

Glad he is well. And I have no clue whether he was "dead" or not. Nothing I have heard is convincing, though he clearly did have a medical emergency, and God can and does intervene.

rgcraig 07-29-2011 10:58 AM

Posted by his daughter:

My Father --- WOW! (Story about Rev. JW Arnold, Pastor The Pentecostals of Gainesville)by Rocky Essex on Friday, July 29, 2011 at 9:15am
From Dena Arnold Wilson (Rev. Jeff Arnold's daughter):

Well here it goes…….last night my father was preaching a conference in Mississippi. After preaching he sat down during altar call as he started not feeling well. He had been fasting & thought perhaps he needed something to eat. He asked for someone to get him something to eat.

Last thing he remembers was he fainted & fell out of the chair. Apparently he did not have a pulse for 10-15 minutes according to the EMT…so basically he died. Then out of nowhere he opens his eyes, gets up, goes back out to the church service, grabs the microphone & says “God is a healer”.

All I can say is “YES HE IS”!!! Dad’s vital signs are fine & he says he feels great! After the church service he went out to eat with the pastor. Later he made it back to the hotel just fine. He called my mother & assured her that he is fine.

In his words "HE FEELS GREAT"! He will be traveling home today.