Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Truth Blog with Jfrog 7/12/2018 (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52552)

jfrog 07-12-2018 08:22 PM

Truth Blog with Jfrog 7/12/2018

When I was younger and just getting into church I would often pray to God for the truth (especially on doctrinal issues). Maybe I even loved the truth more than God or at least I loved it more than I should. Either way, I'm a cautionary tale of how a love even for something good or holy or righteous can become detrimental to ones spiritual walk.

In fact, that's the way it is in normal life too. Obsessions are typically negative. Only for the most lucky can they turn obsession into something fruitful and even then in many other ways they may be sacrificing a happier life to do so.

so the truth is that most of the things we think really matter and act like they really matter don't matter nearly as much as we think that they do.

The truth is that oftentimes our greatest impacts on others are at times we don't even realize we are having an impact on them.

So live your life free of obsession, with moderation for everything while remembering there is a time and place for all things and that it's often the times we think of as least important that can make the greatest difference in others lives and ours as well. So back to knowing the truth. There is truth. It's not determined by perception. But we can never know it all and often we cannot know where real truth begins and our perception ends. So keep your pursuit of truth in moderation. Remember there is a time and place for it's pursuit as well. Remember that sometimes it's really the smallest truths that can make the greatest impacts in our lives.

Have a good evening.

Amanah 07-13-2018 03:31 AM

Re: Truth Blog with Jfrog 7/12/2018

My obsession is God and His Word

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Job 23:12
12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips;
I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Psalm 1
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.

Esaias 07-13-2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1540496)
When I was younger and just getting into church I would often pray to God for the truth (especially on doctrinal issues). Maybe I even loved the truth more than God or at least I loved it more than I should. Either way, I'm a cautionary tale of how a love even for something good or holy or righteous can become detrimental to ones spiritual walk.

In fact, that's the way it is in normal life too. Obsessions are typically negative. Only for the most lucky can they turn obsession into something fruitful and even then in many other ways they may be sacrificing a happier life to do so.

so the truth is that most of the things we think really matter and act like they really matter don't matter nearly as much as we think that they do.

The truth is that oftentimes our greatest impacts on others are at times we don't even realize we are having an impact on them.

So live your life free of obsession, with moderation for everything while remembering there is a time and place for all things and that it's often the times we think of as least important that can make the greatest difference in others lives and ours as well. So back to knowing the truth. There is truth. It's not determined by perception. But we can never know it all and often we cannot know where real truth begins and our perception ends. So keep your pursuit of truth in moderation. Remember there is a time and place for it's pursuit as well. Remember that sometimes it's really the smallest truths that can make the greatest impacts in our lives.

Have a good evening.

In other words, don't worry too much about whether or not you know the truth, just be happy and enjoy life.

:throwrock

aegsm76 07-13-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1540496)

Have a good evening.

Have to disagree. We should be obsessed with our salvation.
And hopefully others salvation.

jfrog 07-13-2018 10:36 PM

And yet, obsession is not love.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1540523)
My obsession is God and His Word

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Job 23:12
12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips;
I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Psalm 1
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.

jfrog 07-13-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegsm76 (Post 1540539)
Have to disagree. We should be obsessed with our salvation.
And hopefully others salvation.

Does obsession now save us? Does obsession save others?

jfrog 07-13-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1540524)
In other words, don't worry too much about whether or not you know the truth, just be happy and enjoy life.

:throwrock

If by worry too much you mean obsess over knowing the truth then that's a decent buy incomplete summary of what I said.

Apostolic1ness 07-14-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrog (Post 1540715)
If by worry too much you mean obsess over knowing the truth then that's a decent buy incomplete summary of what I said.

Philippians 2:12

jfrog 07-14-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1540793)
Philippians 2:12

John 1:4