Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gay Marriage: For or Against? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=31381)

Charnock 08-30-2010 05:00 PM

Gay Marriage: For or Against?

Gay marriage will eventually be legal in the United States.

As such, what should the church have to say about the issue?

How do you feel about the issue?

Do you believe a gay person should have a legal right to marry? If so, which do you think is most important, that person's individual liberty (rights as an American), or God's opposition to homosexuality?

Should the church remain silent on this issue, or should the church work the political system to preserve traditional marriage to the exclusion of gays.

Which should a Christian be most concerned with; protecting individual liberties or declaring Bible absolutes?

Cindy 08-30-2010 05:07 PM

Re: Gay Marriage: For or Against?

I am for happy marriages, I am not for marriage between the same sex.

Charnock 08-30-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy (Post 956982)

Why?

Cindy 08-30-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956984)
Why?

I believe God, He says it's an abomination. Can't get much plainer than that.

rgcraig 08-30-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy (Post 956982)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charnock (Post 956984)
Why?

Because happy marriages are healthy!

Because the Good Book gives us direction.

TGBTG 08-30-2010 05:45 PM

1 Cor 6 (NKJV)
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

coadie 08-30-2010 06:59 PM

Now we have statistics that tell us gays don't want marriage. apparently they do want weddings. The average gay marriage breaks up in less than 2 years. That broken marriage has on the average, 8 sexual encounters for each person outside the marriage in those 2 years.

Liberal 08-30-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coadie (Post 957048)
Now we have statistics that tell us gays don't want marriage. apparently they do want weddings. The average gay marriage breaks up in less than 2 years. That broken marriage has on the average, 8 sexual encounters for each person outside the marriage in those 2 years.

Where did you get this statistic? How is there even enough date to assemble this stat since gay marriage has only been legal a short time?

Cindy 08-30-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberal (Post 957079)
Where did you get this statistic? How is there even enough date to assemble this stat since gay marriage has only been legal a short time?

You can make up statistics for most anything. Doesn't mean it's true.

coadie 08-30-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberal (Post 957079)

Gays travel to where they can have a wedding.
Kennedy, D. James; Newcombe, Jerry. What’s Wrong with Same Sex Marriage? (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 2004):

What does a homosexual marriage look like? Well, the longest term that we have available to look at is in the Netherlands. Researchers found that the average “marriage” between two men lasts one and a half years. Furthermore, during that time, men have eight other partners per year. — Dr. James Kennedy2

The Netherlands has this marriage since 1990.
People want happiness. It appears same sex marriage doesn't provide that.