Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   New Member Info (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Biblical Rules for posting on AFF (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=12004)

OneAccord 01-30-2008 11:53 AM

Biblical Rules for posting on AFF

The Biblical Rules for Posting on AFF:

1) 1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Would Jesus post this? Is my post pleasing unto the Lord?

2)Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. Do my words glorify God… or self? Am I just “stirring the pot“?

3) Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ: While I speak what I believe to be truth, do I speak or post with love?

4) Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Is what I write the truth, free of exaggeration and/or embellishment?

5) Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Do my posts contribute to unity in the Body of Christ? Or am I promoting division?

6) Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Is the doctrine I post true to God’s Word? Or am I promoting a doctrine that counters the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

7) Phl 4:8 ¶ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Do my posts reflect godly thoughts that edifies others and brings glory to the Name of Jesus?

8) 1Pe 3:8 ¶ Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous: Do these words reflect my post? Are my words compassionate? Do they show love for the Body of Christ? Are they tenderhearted and courteous?

9) Col 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. Are my posts seasoned with grace? Do I show kindness by not only speaking with grace, but also by reading the thoughts and opinions of others?

10) 2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient, Am I here only to argue and debate? Am I gentle with all men, including those with whom I may disagree? Am I as willing to be taught, as I am to teach? Am I patient with those who do not agree with me?

Tina 01-30-2008 12:01 PM

Re: Biblical Rules for posting on AFF

:scoregood

Margies3 01-30-2008 12:01 PM

EXCELLENT, OneAccord.

Post of the Day!

Cindy 01-30-2008 12:57 PM

I agree. And spoken from the heart. OA The spirit of the Lord always shows in your posts.

DividedThigh 01-30-2008 01:02 PM

nice job oa, i like it, thanks , dt:tvhappy

Rev 01-30-2008 01:24 PM

This should be the number one thread, permanently .

Kay B 01-30-2008 02:42 PM

AMEN ..:ty

Pressing-On 01-30-2008 02:48 PM

:yourock

I see I have violated a couple of those. And I see I am the only one that has, thus far, admitted that. :biggrin:

We could start a Sticky thread called: Biblical Rules for Posting - Violated! and post the names there. Ya think?

:toofunny

OneAccord 01-30-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 374241)
:yourock

I see I have violated a couple of those. And I see I am the only one that has, thus far, admitted that. :biggrin:

We could start a Sticky thread called: Biblical Rules for Posting - Violated! and post the names there. Ya think?

:toofunny

You'd have to put my name toward the top of the list. I may have never really broken a rule, but I may have kinda bent one or two out of shape a couple of times.

Pressing-On 01-30-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneAccord (Post 374254)
You'd have to put my name toward the top of the list. I may have never really broken a rule, but I may have kinda bent one or two out of shape a couple of times.

Confession is good for the soul, my brother. Go and sin no more!

:happydance