Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will We Really Reunite With Loved Ones In Heaven? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=39285)

Jacob's Ladder 04-16-2012 04:30 PM

Will We Really Reunite With Loved Ones In Heaven?

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted on this forum. I'm sure many of you missed me, and perhaps went countless nights without meal, fasting that I soon would return. Your fasting and much supplications have been answered, I've returned for a little while. I've come to set this forum in order! Hereafter I must travel to Macedonia, Jerusalem, and to the donut shop for a chocolate old fashion donut (sue me).

I've heard many say, "I' can't wait to enter heaven and see all my family members." I've also heard others say, "when we're all raptured, I'll see my family, friends, Peter, etc." I've actually took time and thought about their comments and asked myself a few questions.

1) Out of millions of people that will be there, how will I locate my loved ones? HOW?
2) Will Jesus snap His fingers and reunite all families? (heaven's purpose isn't to reunite families though)
3) Will heaven have a yellow pages directory?
4) Will we really remember our loved ones, and how will we know that they made it without rememberance if they didn't make it?
5) Will we really find our family members out of millions upon millions of people, or is our family recognizable relationship officially over at death? (sad face icon here)

bbyrd009 04-16-2012 05:07 PM

Re: Will We Really Reunite With Loved Ones In Heav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder (Post 1154753)
...I've heard many say, "I' can't wait to enter heaven and see all my family members." I've also heard others say, "when we're all raptured, I'll see my family, friends, Peter, etc." I've actually took time and thought about their comments asked myself a few questions.

1) Out of millions of people that will be there, how will I locate my loved ones? HOW?
2) Will Jesus snap His fingers and reunite all families? (heaven's purpose isn't to reunite families though)
3) Will heaven have a yellow pages directory?
4) Will we really remember our loved ones, and how will we know that they made it without rememberance if they didn't make it?
6) Will we really find our family members out of millions upon millions of people, or is our family recognizable relationship officially over at death? (sad face icon here)

Ha, is that Rapture heresy still going around?
1) It would be misrepresenting Scripture to imply that Heaven is a "there," a place. There is no place called Heaven. "Heaven" is best translated "Wherever God is." Scripture clearly indicates that earth, and not Heaven, is a believer's final resting place; reflected in "the meek shall inherit the earth," "on earth as it is in Heaven," etc.
2) No, Christ already gave a sermon on this subject, wherein He indicated that the earthly fam you came in to is just that, and your real family is the body of believers.
3) No, there are no businesses in Heaven; it is strictly white pages. No ads.
4) See 2
6) See 5

Timmy 04-16-2012 05:37 PM

5 is right out!

RandyWayne 04-16-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1154763)
5 is right out!

"That's three sir!"

And I thought number six was: "And heaven will be an eternal pentecostal song service!"

Dordrecht 04-16-2012 05:51 PM

Heaven is a perfect place, there will be no sorrow.
Keep that in mind and everything will just be fine.

Don't worry about hair, long skirts and all that other stuff!
We will have new bodies, we are all going to be perfect and Christ like....that means 33 years old!

Timmy 04-16-2012 06:03 PM

"Can the believing husband in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving wife in Hell? Can the believing father in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving children in Hell? Can the loving wife in Heaven be happy with her unbelieving husband in Hell? I tell you, yea! Such will be their sense of justice that it will increase rather than diminish their bliss."

Jonathan Edwards

bbyrd009 04-16-2012 06:08 PM

There is no place called Heaven, and you aren't going there anyway-
don't let some misguided preacher tell you any different.

If you worry about long hair and skirts now, I'm guessing
it's because you are listening to the same guys
that told you you were going to spend eternity in Heaven.
Never mind what the Bible says, I guess?

bbyrd009 04-16-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1154769)
"Can the believing husband in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving wife in Hell? Can the believing father in Heaven be happy with his unbelieving children in Hell? Can the loving wife in Heaven be happy with her unbelieving husband in Hell? I tell you, yea! Such will be their sense of justice that it will increase rather than diminish their bliss."

Jonathan Edwards

Amen! lol

bbyrd009 04-16-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dordrecht (Post 1154765)
Heaven is a perfect place, there will be no sorrow.
Keep that in mind and everything will just be fine.

Don't worry about hair, long skirts and all that other stuff!
We will have new bodies, we are all going to be perfect and Christ like....that means 33 years old!

Hey. Dordt; you see the Napoleon quote I dug up this past weekend?

Hoovie 04-16-2012 06:22 PM

I want to know if everyone is naked in heaven...