View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Incredible India

Re: LS to Teach Light Doctrine @ Landmark 2011????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
I'm not sure of that answer. I appreciate your desire to be godly through it all.

I also reflect on Paul's zealousness for the Gospel and toward those who pervert it. He seemed ruthless at times. I don't believe Paul was defending his own pride or Apostleship, as much as the Spirit helping him defend that which is Holy.

At the same time, I think you make a good point that if we aren't in close community with LS, that are emotional investment should not be as great. At the same time, this man is nationally known, his Gospel perversion put all over the internet, his preaching to hundreds and thousands of things that are not the Gospel.

We aren't reacting in a Mt 18 way, but Im not really sure what that would accomplish, other than an afterward public rebuke of "compromisers" and "backsliders" -- which is what you and your husband is to him.

LS's heresy is public and should be criticized also publicly. He should repent, seek God's face and counsel from other brothers. His own fellowship has not called him to repentance, and that's part of the problem.

You can certainly pray for and love LS as a man who maybe has contributed to your life over the years. But in terms of his Gospel errancies, and even words against other brothers in the Body, they deserve open rebuke IMO.
I don't know if this is right avenue which to do that on- I think it just back fires.