View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: List the Cultic doctrinal errors of Branhamism

Serpent seed:

Gen 3
14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

1. Enmity between the serpent and the woman
2. Enmity between the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman
3. The seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent
4. The serpent will bruise the heel of the woman's seed

Serpent = Devil (Rev 12:9)
Woman = Eve
Seed of the woman = Jesus
Seed of the serpent = ???

Some scriptures that seem to allude to the doctrine of the serpent seed

2 Cor 11
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Paul compared the serpent beguiling Eve to the Corinthian church not being a chaste virgin. Was this a reference to Eve not having one husband? not being a chaste virgin?

1 John 3
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Why is Cain referred to as being of the evil one?
The bible declares ALL as sinners. So why is Cain exclusively referenced as being of the evil one?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)