View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Thi morning's sermon on tithing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Here are a few points preached today by our pastor...
Well whoever said it want part of the moral law must not be reading the same Bible I read. While I can totally agree how he said it was part of the civil, and ceremonial law and we aren't bound to follow those today it's also part of the moral law too. Not my opinion but scripture says plainly in Leviticus 27:30-32 "all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord. [31] And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof. [32] And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord."

While I'm not going to sit here and Chase the rabbit around the mulberry Bush over what was implied to give and what was not, and who it was to be given to; as we've done so many times before. I will say the text says plainly "it's holy unto the Lord." Anything holy unto Him always was as we see through the story of Cain and Abel, and Abraham and Melchizedek. And always will be because He is immutable. So could you say something that was holy unto the Lord is no longer holy unto Him today, especially outside of any scripture to say so? That makes it part of the moral law because we can see even before the law people were observing it. And everything Abraham tithed to Melchezidek surely didn't just fit into the agricultural category.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 10-21-2018 at 06:53 PM.