View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Re: What Guns Do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
I hope I still can as well! I just have some personal issues that will need time to work out before I can commit to making the purchases that I would like. I want to get a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. I would also like a tactical shotgun as well as an "assault rifle" and I am considering what kind of higher power rifle. I will probably get a .22 at some point for general target practice.

I agree those that hate the 2nd amendment will try to creep legislation any way they can to nullify the bill of rights, specifically as it relates to law abiding citizens ability to purchase firearms. In all the bologna I hear about how terrible "assault weapons" are (which is a fallacious argument to begin with) they say nothing about Eric Holder and the DOJ for giving guns to known criminals and hide behind Executive Privilege. If they truly cared they would be yelling for President Obama to release the records at let the chips fall where they may. The hypocrisy is sickening.

The rain does certainly fall upon the just and the unjust alike and I reserve the most basic of human rights to myself - the right of self defense. When seconds count the police are just minutes away...
True, the classic Ruger 10/22 is an excellent gun for practice, but don't put it down for a lack of real world use. It can go very far as a hunting tool as well as home defense weapon. This is one reason I have two hand guns (a Ruger MK III and Ruger SR22) along with a his and hers 10/22 rifle. A fairly cheap scope on one and a 2x night vision on the other.