View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
I have lurked on these boards (which is what 95% of those who are members do) for a couple of months now, and I've pretty much realized the most of the same subject matter gets rehashed endlessly. Some topics go on for well over 100 pages, which is primarily due to the fact that these boards are used more like chat rooms for the members that have been here for a while.

This leads me to wonder why there isn't an IRC or some java based chat channel which the active "members" can use to discuss topics, joke around and goof off in. Its much less clunky and way more interactive. By the time a topic gets started, there are already ten pages of replies that you have to trudge through just to keep up....and more keeps comin. And seriously, about 25% of it is relevant.

Has anybody thought about starting a chat room? Makes more sense for the style of posting here.

Don't ge me wrong, I'm not bashing, just pointing out some deficiencies and making observations.

We had the option of a "ChatBox" addon. It is a huge resource hog as everyone in the box is always logged into the server. Normally you tap the server once per page view, not continually logged in.

We choose not to participate due to the bandwidth it would consume, and if we had a chat box, the participation in the threads would greatly suffer. I for a while owned the IRC chat channel #Apostolic. I also belong to a tech board where discussion has slowed to nil due to the ChatBox. ...... Been there, done that. No thanks.

We do appreciate any suggestion.