View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: I'm just a prophet-trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Thats not what Im saying, Im not sure how you concluded that.

I believe you are misunderstanding the "gift of tongues" as used in a congregational setting. The gift of tongues is used for the edifying of the Church when paired with interpretation. It is not an ability to speak other earthly languages to communicate the gospel to those that do not understand the local language. In 1 cor you read that he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men but unto God: for no man understands him. Because there is an interpretation of tongues in some cases that does not mean the tongues were of earthly languages.
Just as Acts 2 the Apostles were not speaking earthly languages nor did the hearers have to interpret the tongues. They simply heard they're language being spoken be every man. There were about 18 different groups of people hearing their language being spoken by every man at the same time. This was not just a case of interpreting what was being said.
He/she ain’t misunderstanding any of us but trying to push his/her agenda and convert us. He/she isn’t sincere in the questions that have been asked. I don’t mind someone having a disagreement and discussion but can’t stand dishonest people like Zog.