View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
The Reformed Charismatic

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
I have heard about this. I was at a rangers game last night with some old friends from my UPC church. Her sister was there and witnessed the whole thing.

I wonder why God would let him die just to heal him. Hmmm, . . .

I also heard he said before he died or passed out, that God told him, "if you convince them, I will confirm it".

I used to like Jeff Arnold when I was UPC because he seem to take the UPC to task for a lot of stuff that was true.

I don't think he really died though. Sometimes people want a miracle so bad to validate their beliefs that they will believe anything. I am not saying he isn't sincere but there is a lot of emotionalism and frenzy that happens and people can get caught up in it.
Delta, I agree that we need to be very careful not to believe everything we hear. But I also don't think we should go the other extreme and immediately discount every miracle we hear about.

God could have allowed Bro. Arnold to die, so that he would be healed, and then God would get the glory. Although the UPCI may not have all their doctrine right, God is still pleased to perform miracles in their midst. It seems that those who see the most miracles are those who are the most hungry for miracles.

Last edited by Orthodoxy; 07-29-2011 at 12:44 PM.