View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: LS to Teach Light Doctrine @ Landmark 2011????

For those unfamiliar with Light Doctrine and the ABI (SG Norrris) and CLC (Clyde Haney) links ... a primer from Sam:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I'm not sure what I posted so I may not be able to answer your questions.

My pastor from 1957 to 1963/64 was Frank Curts. He was Dist. Supt. of the Ohio UPC. He taught that in order to get into the Bride of Christ a person had to repent, be baptized in Jesus' name, and receive the Holy Ghost Baptism. He taught that nobody would be in the rapture who did not complete those three steps. He taught that the rapture was before the tribulation and was part of the first resurrection of Rev 20:4-6. Others who were part of the first resurrection were the martyrs during the tribulation period (Rev 7:9-17). He taught that the second resurrection (Rev. 20:11-15 and Matthew 25:31-46) was after the millennium and all who were not in the first resurrection were included. Those judged were divided into two groups, sheep and goats. The goats went to the lake of fire and the sheep went to Heaven. The sheep were called "righteous" because of the lives they lived but were not called "holy" because they had not been baptized in Jesus' name and baptized in the Holy Spirit. He taught that all who walked in all the light they had would go to Heaven and that their righteous deeds were evidence that they were sincerely serving God.

Bishop Haywood taught pretty much the same except he taught that the righteous went to the new earth. I'm attaching a copy of his book on the resurrection. He explains his position on that under the subject of the second resurrection.

Bro. S.G. Norris taught what is some times called "holy, righteous, and wicked." The "holy" are those who have obeyed Acts 2:38 since Pentecost; plus the Old Testament prophets who had the Holy Spirit in their lives; plus the children of at least one parent who had obeyed Acts 2:38 according to 1 Corinthians 7:14; plus those who were martyred in the tribulation. These were all in the first resurrection. Then, at the second resurrection, all who had walked in all the light they had received eternal life at the Great White Throne judgment (second resurrection) and went into the new earth. I'm attaching a chart of his (actually by Bro. Davis but like the way Bro. Norris would depict it on the blackboard) which teaches this.

A while back I read a book titled "Prophetic Research, The Study of Eschatology" by Clyde Haney. Actually Than Haney (Clyde's grandson and Ken's son) published the book from Clyde Haney's notes. On pages 53 and 54 in his comments on Rev. 20:11-15 he also teaches that righteous people who were not part of the New Testament church will have eternal life.

Attached are:
Bishop Haywood's book on the Resurrection. He goes into that when he talks about the second resurrection.

Last edited by DAII; 01-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.