View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Marriage Privatization:

I was in a service at a church that isn't my home church this Sunday Night as my church was not having service and an older gentleman (I think he said he was in his 70s) with the pastor's approval asked this other older lady who he had been seeing to marry him. It was out of the ordinary... She said yes.

I'm sure many of the women saw it as sweet and what not but the person sitting next to me pondered on what if she had said no.... I responded that a wise person doesn't ask that sort of question unless they already know what the answer is going to be.

Now, I have no idea if this couple will apply for a marriage license from the government (I would assume so if for no other reason than the tax implications) I have refrained from voting on this poll because I genuinely haven't a clue as to what I will be doing should God decide I should be married.

I of course feel the government has no say in who I marry or anything to do with my marriage but I would still want the tax breaks afforded to those that are married. It's an interesting issue for me that I see as very divisive. I still don't know what I would do.