View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Re: In Need of Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
As for jobs, use www.indeed.com and put in your location and you can find tons of jobs.

Best way to find a job, though, is to "know somebody". That means you gotta ask around. Ask the men at your church "Hey, you know where I can get a job?" Somebody may know somebody who knows somebody, etc.

Also, I don't know if you have access to a lawn mower, but if you do, you can always make some cash going about to the neighbours, and knocking on their door, and asking them if they need their yard mowed. I did this for awhile when I was younger. I did it in Texas with a HEAVILY competitive labour market (meaning LOTS of "lawn crews" running around) and I still made some decent cash, enough to keep me going until I found more regular work.

You can also look up the local Unions, like the local Equipment Operator's Union, or Pipefitter's Union, etc. you can join and sign up for an apprenticeship, and they will help you find work and train you for a career that will earn around 15-20 bucks an hour starting out.

If you're on the geeky side, and like computers, go to GitHub. They offer free coding training, go at your own pace, and when you are done you will be able to market yourself as a software engineer or network engineer, programmer, etc. You will have a portfolio of accomplished projects (apps you will develop for charities to help them do their charity work) on your resume and will be able to land a good job programming. Or you can freelance and work for yourself.

Instead of trying to apply at retail stores, find every machine shop or welding shop in town and hit them up. The reason I say that is because retail is overly seasonal, low hours, low pay. Starting out as a machinist's helper or welder's helper will pay better, plus you will be on your way to a marketable skill that is always in demand somewhere.

On every application, call them back every couple of days and ask them "when do I start?" Bug them until they hire you just to get you to quit calling them. I'm serious as a heart attack, this is how the job market really works.

If you have a driver's license with no DUI, go here: https://www.usicllc.com/careers find your location and apply. The office may be a way's away, because each office covers a large area. But they are ALWAYS hiring, even if they act like they don't want to hire anyone. Pester, pester, pester. If there is no USIC office in your state, then just google "underground utility locator" and your state and or city name. You can also check out http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/forum.php for news and updates on job openings by other utility locating companies.

I'll be praying for you. Listen to brother Benincasa, too.
Thank you for your advice. It's appreciated.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.