View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Re: The UPC is a dying movement!

There are not too many United Pentecostal churches that I can think of in my area. I can only think of one at the moment. Most other self-identifying Apostolic, Oneness, or Pentecostal churches are independent, and operate without any organization to answer to.

I know many Apostolic pastors that do not like how the UPC operates. From what I've gathered, the UPC has a list of bylaws that its pastors must preach to their congregations. Naturally, these bylaws concern such representations of outward holiness, and separation from things of the world. Over the years, however, it seems there have been some changing views on TV, going to movies, guys in shorts, and ladies trimming (or cutting) their hair.

When pew forums, Christian magazines, and theologians analyze Oneness Pentecostalism, they judge us all by how the UPC operates and teaches things. In a way that is understandable considering the vast amount of independent churches that could not simply be analyzed individually. On the other hand, though, it is somewhat misleading. For instance, if the title of this thread ("The UPC Is a Dying Movement") was the title of an article, it would lead to the assumption that Apostolic churches as a whole are in decline. Certainly not true.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.