View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Force NYTimes To Turn Over Op-Ed Writer To Tru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Regardless of what anyone thinks about Kasich, he is a Republican.
So was John "Songbird" McShame. A name does not a political alignment make. Unlike the left, we don't believe just saying you're a thing makes it so. Someone saying they're a woman, when they were born as a male, does not make it so. Saying you're a Republican doesn't mean you actually are, if your policies are almost exclusively aligned with the other party. If Kasich doesn't want to support the ideals of the Republican party, he's welcome to run as an independent. Of course, he would never do that, because he doesn't want to give up that sweet campaign money from the RNC.

Quote:
Will you offer me some of those "shades of grey" instead of pigeonholing me into a position I don't actually hold?
You're the one who keeps bringing up the mentally unstable, and saying you can understand how their immoral actions would be considered "morally justifiable". Even if you're saying it's from their perspective, surely you can understand how that would rub many of us the wrong way, especially when those actions are taken against conservatives.

If an extremist tried to blow up your hero Bernie Sanders, and someone here said they could understand how the extremist's views were considered "morally justifiable", wouldn't you take exception to that? Of course, none of us would actually say/write that, because we would find his actions to be completely repugnant.

Quote:
You seem level headed and pragmatic. Certainly you can see where NDavid colored me bad and completely misrepresented almost everything he said was allegedly my position.
Quote:
I think you should be commended for your level headed even handedness. Now, can you apply some of that my way and explain to NDavid why what he stated isn't actually the whole truth?
I'm not getting the middle of anything, you two can sort it out yourselves.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.