View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Banned

Re: Check this Book Out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
I see no more abuse in telling people they may end up in hell for living in sin than I would see abuse in telling someone they may end up destroying their life if they endulge in adultery, drugs, fraud or otehr immoral actions. I see the opposite. I see concern for them. You warn those you care for and wish to see the best for.

I warn people about the possibility of an eternal hell if they don't love God and seek to live right because I care for them. I don't want them to end up there.

Abuse would be telling peopel they shoul djust love god and live however they want b/c in the end we all get to go to heaven anyways whn that isn't in the scripture despite what the UNiversalist nonsense attempts to propagate.
I just believe that the whole premise is wrong there, and satan inspired. the whole focus becomes hell, and its avoidance, instead of "Life, more abundantly." It is preaching Law, when we are under Grace. This does not mean that Law is not necessary, but that it def should not be the focus. I liken it to negative v positive reinforcement. Christ remains a virtual abstract with this model. I effectively just got to know Christ when I dumped this, a couple of years ago.

It's great to care for people, literally. That strikes me as a much better way than following a model that will dictate that you worry about hair length, when your starving, thirsty neighbor could not care less about that.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 02-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.