View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Re: TD Jakes echurch

[QUOTE=Dedicated Mind;1196004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
none of the people you have mentioned have a world wide television and internet ministry. where are their ministries? most do not even have an internet presence. brazier is local, jones is local, ge was tv only not internet. jakes can pack the people in africa just like tek, but tek can't get the same crowds in the us. jakes may not be perfect but no one has his reach and that is not a westernized view, that is reality. name the websites of all these great leaders you mention.
Either now you're lying or have just been living under a rock for the past two decades. You're talking to someone who has been in Pentecost for some time and has been under the ministries of well-known Bishops and Pastors in numerous organizations for years. Please go take a seat...

Jones and Brazier have both been on NATIONAL Television since I was a little COGIC kid and Jones first took over Greater Bethany. Every individual I mentioned besides those who's ministries predated television had/have a television ministry. GE Patterson had one of the most highly watched and televised Christian programs Bountiful Blessings Broadcast for years. Jones has had the Fresh Oil Broadcast for almost a decade if not longer. For that matter Chucky Ellis has been on national television longer then Bishop Jakes. His television ministry started in 1995, Chucky was on television as assistant pastor of his father's church Greater Grace Temple (which would later become his own church) right before then.

http://www.noeljonesministries.org/index.html

On that note I forgot to throw in TBN's favorite: George Bloomer. Yes... he's oneness as well.

Yes, Jakes is well known and popular in the west. However his notoriety does not go any further then the west. He draws crowds of 40-50 thousand per-event/conference. So what? Have you seen this video of revivals in Ethiopia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyO98sr275U

4 languages spoken, 400,000 people in attendance, 140,000 receive the Holy Ghost, that's ministry, not writing books and flying around with diplomats and celebrities. When you can draw that kind of crowd in a nation with very little tv exposure you're doing something. Jakes is a business man, not an Apostle. The majority of his church's money comes from numerous book and movie deals, public speaking engagements and interviews. It's the way ALOT of ministries are going including that of the Owens', the Bradys, Juanita Bynum, Joyce Meyer, etc. The reason why these missionaries in Ethiopia aren't well known in the west is because they don't have best-selling novels out and their not producing any new ignorant family comedies that aren't worth the $9 to sit in the movie theater to watch (...going off on my little tangent here...). It's the megachurch syndrome, but it only goes so far.

I wonder exactly how many of TD Jakes' 17,000 regular and irregular attendees actually know the doctrine which Jakes teaches if he teaches any at all anymore. I am well aware the church baptizes it's members in Jesus Name but how many attendees of their church have actually submitted themselves to membership and baptism? How many have received the Holy Ghost? How many could actively describe and defend key doctrines that Jakes claims his church believes in? I remember being on a plane to San Antonio discussing Noel Jones and Jakes with a woman born and raised outside of Gardena. She said she'd been to both churches numerous times for years, even regularly attended Jones' church for quite some time, never knew Jones was Apostolic and hadn't a clue Jakes preached Jesus name and probably wouldn't have gone if she knew.

This is my point. Paul kept track of how many souls were saved, his concern was the salvation of souls through the preaching of the gospel, not church attendance and popularity.