Thread: NYC Blackout
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Re: NYC Blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Why should Americans be only concerned, but Christians be very concerned? I believe you have it backwards. Those who don't know God should be very concerned. For the rest of us, our help, hope and shelter is in God.

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
Perhaps I said it that way because it reflects my own concern for these 2 categories. I am more concerned for Christians than Americans because I am a Christian first. Secondarily I am concerned for Americans. I care for my country and its people but not AS MUCH as I do saints.

It does seem that Christians are not thinking along the lines their country could be nuked. Its grid could go down in many places. Millions of Americans could be evaporated by nukes in minutes. Earthquakes, famines and such like are not applied in preaching to us, but usually only spoken of very generally.

So yes God has made many promises to sustain and deliver his people. What concerns me is the "deliverance" preaching I hear is usually not in context of living in a world that has collapsed under the weight of his judgment. Matter of fact I cant think of ONE SERMON I have ever heard in an Apostolic Church about it.