View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: "Calm Before The Storm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Many people do use the term "urban" to describe black people-- when they are trying to be polite about what usually is a negative topic.

In the context of my post, I tried very hard to not specify any one particular race because ultimately none of the points I was trying to make were specifically about race-- neither problems nor solutions.
Correct. I shouldn't have assumed urban = race in your post.

Quote:
Bundy and his people commandeered federal property in Nevada a few years ago and used it for their animals, etc. Did the same thing not that long ago in Oregon and TRASHED the place. Treated the Wildlife Refuge with utter contempt and caused damages totaling in the MILLIONS. ( n david)
$1.7 million, JD. $1.7 million!

Also, they left trash behind. They didn't set fire to anything. They didn't break windows or anything else. There was a portion of drywall which was broken. IMO they did not INTENTIONALLY damage the property. If what they did was intentional, it was pretty weak.

Quote:
In the context of why they were protesting, it makes sense for them to damage federal property, federal land.

On the contrary, when there is a riot in a community over police interaction that usually includes the death of one of the community members, the people rioting burn down drugstores, burglarize shoe stores, vandalize property that is not connected to the reason why they are protesting.

See the difference between Bundy's protest and destruction of property versus some people's protests in urban areas?
Again, I don't believe those involved in the Bundy occupation to intentionally damage property. The other protests which evolved into full-scale riots did have people who did intentionally damage buildings.

But I'm closer to understanding your meaning....just a little.

What type of building would be a meaningful target to damage for either Antifa or BLM? What would be fair game for them to attack?

For protests against police brutality: Police stations?
For protests against alt right or Nazis: Historical sites?

Edit: just saw the next post where you answered the question.

Quote:
If protesting police brutality, go to the police station and protest. Go to the police barracks and HQ's and protest. Stand across the street from the police station and protest.

I would not suggest the protesters attempt to damage police stations and what not, BUT IF THEY DID, it would a lot more meaningful and congruent with their cause than to damage, destroy, or even burn down CVS and other local businesses.
I doubt anyone is going to try to storm a police station, break the glass or firebomb it! haha

But police cruisers or the assault vehicles the riot police use....?