Thread: Asheville Bound
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Asheville Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
When you have a two-for-one, a good points thing, at a decent hotel, that works well.

If you use AirBnB in a spot like Ashevilee, I recommend reading very carefully, and generally looking for a family in the burbs. Read between the lines.

Towards Black Mountain is one possibility. (Twelve Tribes, with the false names, is out in that direction.)

South Asheville is where the traffic is especially bad. Hendersonville is a wonderful walk and drive around visit, the natural food coop is good there too. Walking around Asheville is good too, with some funk.

And there is quite a nice hot springs an hour north,then west, which makes a health, and forest hiking if you like, day trip. Marion (en route to-from the hot springs) is my fav funky-dunk town, with a bit of free bluegrass one night a week packing out some cafe. The town is a lot like Rosedale here in upstate NY.

A few years back the Messianics had a Retro music festival.

btw, thanks for the Asheville travelogue, I lived there recently and can always share recommendations.

When there is a weekend funky downtown festival, there are some Christian street preachers who show up. Generally they are Baptist, with the AV (that part is excellent).

They used to have a special weekend where downtown was closed for three days, Bele Chere, but they ended it a few years back. However, there is lots of other downtown and park stuff.

Steven

Yeah we know theres alllll kindsa craziness here...we used to be right in the thick of all of it...participation....so we are reaaaaally good at seeing what's what as far as the out of the box alternative lifestyles go and not being shocked.

God knew what He was doing sending us here.

Guy approached me at the pump asking for some spare change for gas...didnt give him change...gave him a 5.

Thing is that I need 5 new tires...4 for me 1 for her...really didnt have it at the moment but I did it anyway....by the time I finished pumping gas there I had an unexpected $300 heading my way...that was this morning before I even started work.

Katherine is driving back to Charlotte to pick up our daughter to bring her here.