View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

An interesting case. See comments above

Regards,

wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I know of an interesting situation relating to this topic.

A preacher’s wife left him and soon after he backslid into the world for about two years. While backslidden he met a woman who was also divorced. They both have children from their previous marriages. They had been living together for about three years and he began feeling God telling him to come back to church. They both came to church and she was baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost. It is apparent that he still has a “call of God” on his life. God appears to be doing wonderful things in their lives. The only problem is that they are living together. I’m not sure if they’ve been talking about getting married. Seeing that they are both progressively consecrating their lives to the Lord I wouldn’t be surprised if they were or will be soon.

Here’s what I found strange. The church has accepted both of them with open arms. No real issue is made about them living together. I’ve heard him being encouraged with things like, “God isn’t finished with you brother. You’re anointed.” Of course, he’s not in leadership or anything. But it seems like they are opening up to him becoming leadership at some point. What is interesting is that the church isn’t demanding that they separate. It seems to be accepting the current situation and encouraging greater involvement.

So, here are my questions…
Is this church doing the right thing?

If so why is it the right thing?

How should I receive him? I mean he’s very gifted and I still feel like he’s meant for ministry, I just feel a little uncomfortable around him. Maybe it’s because I’m worried that if I’m too cozy with him people might think badly of me. I’m also not happy about them living together.

If the church isn’t doing the right thing, what should it be doing with them?
(I’m sure there will be varied opinions so all please share)