View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 10:12 AM

Re: The Remission is Different from Forgiveness My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dan in our theory and I understand the same Greek word is used so there is no argument from me there. Both are provided by the same Blood-faith. But here is an example 'filled' and baptized with the HG. Although they are used interchangably as in Acts 2:4 when the Apostles were "filled" in Acts 4 were they rebaptized in the Spirit or renewed? The same word however the distinction is clearly seen (at least by me)so is it with forgiveness and remission.
You still miss it sir ... your logic does not doctrine make ...

We are to hold dear to the doctrine of the Apostles ... not your use of KJV words to fit your paradigm ... as they deal w/ the ONE word they used ...
APHESIS to mean absolute pardon as it deals w/ deliverance.

They , not you, used in their writings different words to deal w/ the baptism of the Holy Ghost ... receiving and filling ....

baptizo ... pletho ... etc.

They indeed used distinctive words ... baptism, filled, etc ... when speaking of the HG. Which brings up an entire different debate dealing w/ pneumatology ... and btw, has been discussed among theologians as to whether they mean the same thing ...

But I digress ...

You see ...the Apostles ... (and we claim to be Apostolic) made no contextual differences ... semantical differences ... or otherwise ... when writing about forgiveness/remission/sin washing/pardon.

Therefore ... your arguments dealing w/ this topic are non-Apostolic and extra-biblical .... but rather the doctrine of men.