View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pastor, are you looking for a church?

To be honest, what I want is not the question really, it is what do we feel that God wants. So to be specific, the Bible teaches us to dress modest, if we have the genuine Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God will let us know when we are not pleasing to God. As for myself, If a man has facial hair, that is between him and God, it grew naturally and I would not have a problem with it. If a woman has hair below her shoulders, that would be considered long. A man should have a hair cut above his neck and not covering his ears. I believe that short sleeves is modest apparel. According to the Bible (KJV) we should not cross-dress, men have their apparel (pants) and women have theirs (dresses or skirts). Even the public restrooms have a symbol to distinguish who should occupy. If you are a guy, then you go to the one that shows, pants. If you are lady, then you go to the one that shows a skirt.....simple.

Where does your group stand on turning the other cheek? Jesus said 70 times 7, I believe, and that is in ONE DAY. But one day He will stop, and He will not always strive with man.

How about giving to everyone who asks? Jesus said, ask and you shall receive. So far, we were able to give to all that asked. As long as Jesus blesses us, we will bless all we can.

How about being judged for every idle word? If God is going to be the Judge, then so be it. We are not to judge others. God did not call anyone to Judge, only to come to repentance. The Holy Ghost will judge each one that He dwells in, and He will let you know when you are in error.

Speaking evil of no man? We should not gossip, or speak anything that is not truth. We should shun the very appearance of evil.

What I mean by the word holiness, is just what the Bible means about it. Without it we will not see Jesus when he appears. To make it clearer is WWJD and you could change would to wouldn't.